• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong's Southern Hemisphere Vacation 2011

Doubt He'll be allowed to leave the country but:

via Twitter:

I'm thinking the first tri is here... 38°12′S 176°20′E 6:23 PM Nov 18th via Twitter for BlackBerry®

and a challenge:

scotttinley if @juanpelota can ponyup2 IM Kona11 I will commit under condition$1M min is raised for cancer research in process Make that $5M Bring it JP 8:15 PM Nov 18th via web Retweeted by juanpelota and 28 others

and:

http://tvnz.co.nz/othersports-news/armstrong-confirmed-race-rotorua-event-3905585

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
TubularBills said:

via Twitter:

I'm thinking the first tri is here... 38°12′S 176°20′E 6:23 PM Nov 18th via Twitter for BlackBerry®

and a challenge:

scotttinley if @juanpelota can ponyup2 IM Kona11 I will commit under condition$1M min is raised for cancer research in process Make that $5M Bring it JP 8:15 PM Nov 18th via web Retweeted by juanpelota and 28 others

and:

http://tvnz.co.nz/othersports-news/armstrong-confirmed-race-rotorua-event-3905585

Oh yeah, raise those millions...because the pharmaceutical companies are so poor and can't afford it. And in the process make sure Lance is compensated millions for getting other people to donate their hard-earned money to pharmaceutical companies. What a scam.

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
if they want to try and keep him in country then they'll have to charge him. Don't think that's going to happen any time soon. The fed's really like to take their time.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I'll jump slightly off topic, because the big news story is about Lance hoping to race the Rotorua, but in real life, the big story of the day in triathlon is Chrissie Wellington. Some people put her down in a thread earlier in the year.

She didn't start the Kona Ironman World Championships in October because she had pneumonia, strep throat and West Nile virus. Today she raced at Ironman Arizona and broke the women's world record by nine minutes. Second place woman was 29 minutes back. Only seven guys finished ahead of her. After swimming a fast 2.4 miles, she did the 112 mile bike leg in 4:47:06, riding the last 6 miles on a flat tire (they have to patch their own in Ironman). She finished off with a 2:52:55 marathon. Would Lance be willing to go to Kona and get "chicked" by a woman next year?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
She done good ! if i remember she destroyed most of the men's field at the French Iron man that included Alp D'huez...
I think you may slightly exaggerate her ailments at Kona! none the less pretty awesome!(understatement)

May 9, 2009
Visit site
If it's an exaggeration, it's Chrissie's 'cause here is what she said herself: "According to the doctors I have (or have had) a heavyweight fighters sized bout of the following: bacterial strep throat, bacterial pneumonia and to top it all off a little mosquito spread blighter by the name of West Nile Virus..."

In my opinion she just might be the greatest female athlete ever. And by that I don't mean the athlete that has beaten the most women, but the female athlete whose performances are closest to the best performances in her sport (i.e. she's closer to the top men than any other female athlete has ever been).

A

Anonymous

INteresting to see if Simon Gerrans says he should be deported on arrival like landis :D

theswordsman said:
I'll jump slightly off topic, because the big news story is about Lance hoping to race the Rotorua, but in real life, the big story of the day in triathlon is Chrissie Wellington. Some people put her down in a thread earlier in the year.

She didn't start the Kona Ironman World Championships in October because she had pneumonia, strep throat and West Nile virus. Today she raced at Ironman Arizona and broke the women's world record by nine minutes. Second place woman was 29 minutes back. Only seven guys finished ahead of her. After swimming a fast 2.4 miles, she did the 112 mile bike leg in 4:47:06, riding the last 6 miles on a flat tire (they have to patch their own in Ironman). She finished off with a 2:52:55 marathon. Would Lance be willing to go to Kona and get "chicked" by a woman next year?

Off topic agin, but, having been a mechanic for NAS and WTC at Ironman events, we do change tires, tubes, wheels. I have overhauled headsets on the course, replaced cranks, you name it, with no disqualifications

TERMINATOR said:
Oh yeah, raise those millions...because the pharmaceutical companies are so poor and can't afford it. And in the process make sure Lance is compensated millions for getting other people to donate their hard-earned money to pharmaceutical companies. What a scam.

You can be sure Armstrong will be reinforcing the heroic cancer fighter image as much as possible the next little while.

Twitter is an insidious way to embellish your image on lies and misinformation.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
TubularBills said:

via Twitter:

and a challenge:

and:

Knowing Tinley and his positions on matters, I think it strange that Lance would be communicating with him. It must be a secret code word thing for "FU Scott".

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Back on the Chrissie Wellington aspect above, she is one of the strongest female athletes ever. She's finished in the top 10 or 20overall in high profile events around the world. Many men underestimate the level of female athletes (I'm male), but the truth is many men get "chicked" in local or regional mass start events, whether the sport is running, cycling or triathlon.

TRENDING THREADS