• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

As you boycott CN next month watch TOUR here...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
OK folks. Its time to start walking the walk. I dont think we can tell them any more how much their site sucks. I think we need to start telling them with our, er, mouses, mice?

I have found that the best place to watch the Tour de France, other than the website formerly known as cyclingnews, is... the tour website itself!

http://www.letour.fr/

If you know can muddle through the French, stick to the main site. In years past the French side almost always had more and better content and the English side was NOT an exact copy. They often left some neat stuff out altogether there.... but it if you must:

http://www.letour.fr/us/homepage_horscourseTDF.html

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Lets organise a HARD, NO MORE VISITS -DATE

They say even visiting the forum contributes to their "click" statistics that the advertisers use to pay them. If we are going into the forum as much as we used to go into the site itself, none of this will matter.

We need to stop visiting altogether..............

Shall we arrange a time/date to stop coming altogether???

Solidarity!!!

It would certainly have to be soon, and at least a week before the Tour.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
toppermost said:
OK folks. Its time to start walking the walk. I dont think we can tell them any more how much their site sucks. I think we need to start telling them with our, er, mouses, mice?

I have found that the best place to watch the Tour de France, other than the website formerly known as cyclingnews, is... the tour website itself!

http://www.letour.fr/

If you know can muddle through the French, stick to the main site. In years past the French side almost always had more and better content and the English side was NOT an exact copy. They often left some neat stuff out altogether there.... but it if you must:

http://www.letour.fr/us/homepage_horscourseTDF.html

+1
Have no intention to come to this site as long as there are spoilers. I will check after the TdF to see if the finally have gotten the message and if they haven't I will never return.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
titan_90 said:
I Have no intention to come to this site as long as there are spoilers

It's a fukking NEWS site, coupled with a FORUM for discussion of current events. In either way, if you visit, you will see results. It's normal. What could you possibly expect BUT spoilers during the Tour????????

June and July should see the brisk sale of blinders, earplugs, and gags in advance of the Tour and key stages. Sounds like a business opportunity...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
toppermost said:
They say even visiting the forum contributes to their "click" statistics that the advertisers use to pay them. If we are going into the forum as much as we used to go into the site itself, none of this will matter.

We need to stop visiting altogether..............

Shall we arrange a time/date to stop coming altogether???

Solidarity!!!

It would certainly have to be soon, and at least a week before the Tour.

I think a lot of people have already left all together. There are some that are trying to muddle there way through the site the best they can and other are coming here out of curiosity to see what all of the drama is about. Myself I am getting tired of them ignoring the blatantly obvious reactions from there readers(which is what they are hoping for):mad: It speaks volumes about there poor business skills:D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
It's a fukking NEWS site, coupled with a FORUM for discussion of current events. In either way, if you visit, you will see results. It's normal. What could you possibly expect BUT spoilers during the Tour????????

I expect the same level and quality of service that was available on the old CN:eek: Pure and Simple.

There was no spoilers in the title of the race results links before. We were able to come here and check out all of the other features of the site without having everything SPOILED for us before we were able to watch the race ourselves:mad:

One more thing I wont be visiting the forums or another site until I view each stage myself.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
CN-Day June 27. Mother of all boycotts...

Today is Sunday, June 20.
Next Sunday is June 27.
The Tour de France starts on the following Sunday, July 4.

I propose that if the site have not been fixed by June 27, 2009.... we, who were devoted fans before and who now feel simultaneously used and abandoned, stop coming forever beginning on that date.

xCT

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
What could you possibly expect BUT spoilers during the Tour????????

Ummm, I was thinking maybe I could expect an easily navigable, spoiler-free layout with direct homepage links to the live reports.

Why? Because until last week, that's exactly what I've been getting at CN for as long as I remember.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
see ya!!!

i do not do forums, chat rooms or the such. i used another popular web site for up dates and news. i switched over around 2000 when i came across CN, it gave me information, as well as pictures and numbers. there are too many other sites to get numbers and pictures. CN was at the top of my favorites list for quick reference, after this post it, will be deleted. CN is the town line marker and someone yelled sprint, later dude, i am out of here.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
All of the changes to the site kind of remind me of the "Hope" and "Change" mantra of our blessed holy trinity redeemer. As I HOPE with my heart that the changes do not last in my country, I also hope that the changes do not last with CN's site.

Change for the sake of change is useless. Go back to the old site....PLEASE!
I cannot find anything easily and I feel like I have to dig to get the info. It looks like I will be going back to Velonews from now on.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
toppermost said:
do you wish your screen name was not named after a suspended doper?

Not really.

But if you take your head out of lance's (ex-)doped up hiny, you might see the world a little clearer. Mr "lance & levi don't like the site either" whiner.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Not really.

But if you take your head out of lance's (ex-)doped up hiny, you might see the world a little clearer. Mr "lance & levi don't like the site either" whiner.

For the record, I am a Valverde fan and believe he is is getting screwed big time:(

But that's a subject for another thread.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Not really.

Im not a Lance fan, but he is the most influential cyclist on the planet right now. Sponsors will listen to his opinion before 5000 of ours.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Not really.

nice hostility by the way. mine was a legitimate question. I know I would be stop supporting an exposed doper. oh but... he just donated blood to a sports doctor. nevermind.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
toppermost said:
excellent video coverage:
http://www.cyclingfans.com/

for the good old fahsioned "just flat pages" that CN used to have (+podium girls):
http://pezcyclingnews.com/

http://www.velonews.com

and the American standby:
http://www.versus.com/epiccycle

Must be really tough to come by some decent, unbiased and in-depth cycling related information if you are limited to the use of a *******ised dialect from a former occupier.

Try l'equipe, het Nieuwsblad, Sporza, Todo Ciclismo, la Gazetta (remember, it's a newspaper printed on pink paper, hence the pink jersey...)

Perhaps instead of spending so much time on organising a boycott, you could take a course in a cycling-related language.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
toppermost said:
I despise the new website- Im going to l'equipe...06-16-09, 13:50

You sir are an angry ignorant person.

...or to quote Mel Gibson; ou en français si vous preferez; Vous etes un personne ignorant et en colere

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Must be really tough to come by some decent, unbiased and in-depth cycling related information if you are limited to the use of a *******ised dialect from a former occupier.

Try l'equipe, het Nieuwsblad, Sporza, Todo Ciclismo, la Gazetta (remember, it's a newspaper printed on pink paper, hence the pink jersey...)

Perhaps instead of spending so much time on organising a boycott, you could take a course in a cycling-related language.

So did l'equipe report that Valverde had NOT in fact been suspended? hmm.. I cant remember any non-English speaking news agencies saying Valverde had not been suspended. oh well.

He'll be back in two years. No worries! :(

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
toppermost said:
So did l'equipe report that Valverde had NOT in fact been suspended? hmm.. I cant remember any non-English speaking news agencies saying Valverde had not been suspended. oh well.

He'll be back in two years. No worries! :(

and your clicks keep adding to CNs statistics.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
toppermost said:
You sir are an angry ignorant person.

...or to quote Mel Gibson; ou en français si vous preferez; Vous etes un personne ignorant et en colere

says the man who wants to organise a boycott...

A childish reaction by a little baby whose (free) toys have been taken away by his mummy. How is the pow wow going with your comrades in kindergarten...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
So.. you like the new format I am guessing?

Yeah boycotts are childish. Unlike ranting and raving, and stamping feet (like I was doing before)?

A boycott is a civilized way for an otherwise powerless group to express a valid opinion.

Question: you seem quite defensive about the website that you are essentially arguing is not a good source. You more or less said you have to go to a Euro/site to get good info, but here you are supporting the defamers.

Or- are you just picking a fight with me because I called you out for being a #$% after I posted the tour website?

TRENDING THREADS