• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Assos clothing question

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I just got a pair of Assos bib shorts that I ordered online. Based on what I had read online about proper sizing I got a L, but they are rather tight.

The fabric in the shorts I have had in the past (not Assos) have all seemed to "give" a little over time, so that an XL became rather too loose fitting around the waist and in the leg.

My question is, are the Assos shorts going to do the same, or are they always going to be as tight fitting as they are now?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Velo Dude said:
I just got a pair of Assos bib shorts that I ordered online. Based on what I had read online about proper sizing I got a L, but they are rather tight.

The fabric in the shorts I have had in the past (not Assos) have all seemed to "give" a little over time, so that an XL became rather too loose fitting around the waist and in the leg.

My question is, are the Assos shorts going to do the same, or are they always going to be as tight fitting as they are now?

Assos retain there shape very well and often run a little small. One thing about them is they may feel tight when you are walking around but on the bike they feel perfect.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Assos retain there shape very well and often run a little small. One thing about them is they may feel tight when you are walking around but on the bike they feel perfect.

+1. Nice bibs.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The bibs are great and on many brands I wear medium, with Assos I wear large.
But their packaging! A box inside a box inside a box... a 50 page brochure selling you on the shorts you just bought...I remember when they came in a reusable plastic bag. So much for being a Ecological conscious company!