• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Astana programs

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
So what does everyone think regarding the 'programs' at Astana?
Would LA/AC be on the same program? The rest of the team?
We know LA history with Ferrari and AC with Peurto/Fuentes.

Surely AC would not trust JB and co, but surely he would have in the past years.
Also, i doubt the two would want to be openly letting each other know what they are doing.

This could be interesting in light of the current investigation and matching dna of 7 riders.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
IMHO I'd say their programs are so successfull because, in order of importance, 1) they put together a cohesive and complete group, 2) they always have a clear leader (apart from this year, which was distorted by LA's comeback), 3) they use and abuse cutting edge technology, from materials for the bicycles to training methods, 4) they scout out the key stages in every important race they enter, 5) they have foreknowledge when dope tester is coming their way and (most important) 6) they have access to an off-the-radar performance-enhancing substance, like the infamous "the clear" and the Balco affair.

My two cents.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Im positive he trusts Johan Bruyneel. Afterall, he was the one who distracted the testers with phonecalls while lance went up and "had a shower". If anyone really wanted a smoking gun on Lance tapping a phonecall between Lance and Hog would be it. I believe JB is logistically involved in all the riders dope-plans.

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Ferrari said:
So what does everyone think regarding the 'programs' at Astana?
Would LA/AC be on the same program? The rest of the team?
We know LA history with Ferrari and AC with Peurto/Fuentes.

Surely AC would not trust JB and co, but surely he would have in the past years.
Also, i doubt the two would want to be openly letting each other know what they are doing.

This could be interesting in light of the current investigation and matching dna of 7 riders.

I agree with you, I also don't think the two would want to be openly letting each other know what they are doing.

I think that contador doesn't trust Bruyneel and never really did.

So I don't think LA and AC are on the same program, that's absurd.

TRENDING THREADS