• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Astana, reloaded..

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Big and not so suprising news, Armstrong and Bruyneel out, with the team to be lead by Contador.. And Vinokourov himself back..

Wonder when we'll see Kasheshkin back as well? And maybe some more of the Spaniards from Puerto, given it's going to be Kazakh and Spanish team?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
anubisza said:
Big and not so suprising news, Armstrong and Bruyneel out, with the team to be lead by Contador.. And Vinokourov himself back..

Wonder when we'll see Kasheshkin back as well? And maybe some more of the Spaniards from Puerto, given it's going to be Kazakh and Spanish team?

Wow has contador accepted the offer yet or are they saying that they want him to be on the team. But bruyneel and armstrong gets the boot

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Poor Contadope, now he won't have any chance to win the TDF 2009, Bruyneel will now only see Armstrong as a leader, the Spanish would be literally alone in the whole race. Wonder whether they would drop him in the TTT?:D

Kazakhs are strange-why don't tell everything AFTER the Tour, not before?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
AC won't touch a Vino led team with a ten foot pole. Astana won't be riding the TDF next year. It may not even be a PT team. The powers that be in cycling I'm sure are none too happy about have Vino leading Astana once again.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
lostintime said:
AC won't touch a Vino led team with a ten foot pole. Astana won't be riding the TDF next year. It may not even be a PT team. The powers that be in cycling I'm sure are none too happy about have Vino leading Astana once again.

Assuming that the UCI's president is Pat McQuaid, I am pretty sure that with the amount of money which Kazakhs have, they won't encounter any problems, just like they bought the right to start the Giro in 2008, not mentioning that they own PT license, not the Hog.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Delicato said:
Assuming that the UCI's president is Pat McQuaid, I am pretty sure that with the amount of money which Kazakhs have, they won't encounter any problems, just like they bought the right to start the Giro in 2008, not mentioning that they own PT license, not the Hog.

Yes, the Kazaks have some cash. But, it just occurred to me . . . . cycling has become so corrupt, it would not surprise me if next years Astana team came up with some positive drug tests. . . weather or not the riders are really juicing. This would give any GT organizer reason to exclude the team.

.... Just a thought.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi ! I'm new to this forum....... does anybody know if there are any other teams other than Astana in the Tour de France ? If so where can I get some details on the other teams. I've searched Google but can't find anything.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
Hi ! I'm new to this forum....... does anybody know if there are any other teams other than Astana in the Tour de France ? If so where can I get some details on the other teams. I've searched Google but can't find anything.

me neither but come back next year heard their might be a new team livestrong nike something like that.

Contador also didn't get his pay check for some time.
Who wants to rule a county comprised of only a sand dune desert?

AC has a chance to win the TdF even without domestique support. See what even Evans managed the past years. AC can not pick just Astana, he can pick any team he pleases. Once Amstrong gets bored with cycling, or just fails to be beat him at TdF, there will be worse manager to work with than JB.

If I were AC: suck up to JB, laugh out loud at those crazy Kazakhs only good for providing money, and even most independable at that.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:

ROFLMAO!!

I get the feeling this whole Tour De France thing is a one horse show...Who are these other teams you speak of?? lol

whiteboytrash said:

I like it!

No wonder Bertie looked glum on the podium, yesterday.

Still, this could pan out well for him.
Say nothing, sign nothing, ask the Kazakh's for an oil field or two, twitter about being loyal to JB and possibly riding for them on the cheap to promote the new team. Pat Levi on the head a lot.
Wait until Lance has shot his load fetching you water for 3 weeks, then dump them both, for Caisse!

Seriously, if LA/JB have any desire to keep Berto, they have to woo him with their full support at this Tour.

Delicato said:
Poor Contadope, now he won't have any chance to win the TDF 2009, Bruyneel will now only see Armstrong as a leader, the Spanish would be literally alone in the whole race. Wonder whether they would drop him in the TTT?:D

Kazakhs are strange-why don't tell everything AFTER the Tour, not before?

A simple twist of fate that will benefit some more than others. Some girls just can't keep their mouths shut.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
No wonder Bertie looked glum on the podium, yesterday.

Hmmm ... I'm not saying you're wrong. But, the photo I saw he looked quiet smug standing next to Lance, a bit of wry smile like I have this all under control.

What I did notice, and more important, that Lance hasn't really lost that much weight. I estimate Contador must be 8-10kg lighter.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
subzro said:
Hmmm ... I'm not saying you're wrong. But, the photo I saw he looked quiet smug standing next to Lance, a bit of wry smile like I have this all under control.

What I did notice, and more important, that Lance hasn't really lost that much weight. I estimate Contador must be 8-10kg lighter.

I saw a pic of Armstrong's legs on the Chris Carmichael website a few weeks back. Looked really veiny and not very nice. Lance may be very slim at the moment but how much does he really have left in the tanks

A

Anonymous

well its certainly made things interesting..

Condator will have a few, mostly spanish freinds outside of astana, and im sure there may well be a few domestiques from other teams looking for newer pastures who are willing to help him out...

Then again, there may be a few keen to be part of whatever JB puts together, cos lets face it, the guy gets results.. and willing to help lance fulfil his goal.. Wonder where big georges alleigance will be, if in the mountains hes the only columbia rider and theres someone to make a stage v yellow deal with him.. :)

JB to team sky anyone..? lol < joke by the way.. we all know where hes going..

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
foto_invitado.jpg

Hello Alberto...

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
JB will be a pro about it

JB and LA will support AC, half the team will defect with JB. LA should have let Livestrong come in and save the day for the tour when Astana didn't pay up. My prediction: LA supports AC, then targets the Vuelta for the win!...albeit, with another team.

A

Anonymous

lostintime said:

I agree. I think we saw in Switzerland the seeds of what will happen. I think his possible move to Garmin would just have been to ride the TdF this year. He will go to a Spanish team.

TRENDING THREADS