• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Astana?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's that time of the year after TDF where they have to throw someone under the bus to show they are doing something. Someone just big enough. Last year it was Quintana with tramado. Meanwhile the two super TFG mutants are beating everyone uphill, downhills, in time trials, everything...and UCI seems unconcerned...

It's that time of the year after TDF where they have to throw someone under the bus to show they are doing something. Someone just big enough. Last year it was Quintana with tramado. Meanwhile the two super TFG mutants are beating everyone uphill, downhills, in time trials, everything...and UCI seems unconcerned...
I understand what you mean about the top 4 in cycling getting away with it but Quintana and Lopez aren't exactly small fish. Climbing in the top 3 on the hardest stages in the TDF....

MAL speaks:

Yesterday I was notified by the UCI of the decision to open proceedings for violation of anti-doping rules, in relation to my alleged use of menotropin in the Giro d'Italia in 2022, allegedly by virtue of information sent from the summary of Operation "ILEX".

The undersigned is unaware, at this time, of the tests and evidence taken into consideration by the UCI to make this decision, but would like to state that there is no objective evidence of the alleged doping, that all the results of my analyses and my biological passport are negative, and that the undersigned has never received, used or even requested any prohibited substance, neither in the Giro d'Italia, nor ever throughout my sports career, as was also reported at the time to the ITA, with whom this cyclist collaborated as soon as it was required.

I want to state that I will use all the legal means at my disposal to clear my name, and that I will request, immediately, that the agreed precautionary suspension be lifted, since I understand it to be completely disproportionate, taking into account, in addition, that the facts for which I have been temporarily suspended have been made public, known for more than 9 months. Furthermore, the need, origin and urgency of said measure has not yet been explained or reasoned, and the reasons that justify it have not been provided or explained. Such a decision by the UCI 10 days after the Glasgow Cycling World Championship is a precautionary suspension that not only damages my honor and damages the presumption of innocence of this cyclist, but it also damages. and harms my entire team, the TEAM MEDELLIN, the Colombian national cycling team, and, ultimately, the good name of the entire international cycling community, by questioning my sports career, without any evidence or adverse analytical results, and without any intervention, detected or found in my possession substance of any kind.

I deeply appreciate the expressions of affection from the fans, and the support of my family, my team and my nation, and I promise to fight, as I have always done on the bike, to clear my name of any suspicion, in the appropriate instances.