• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Astanna What Now?

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Now that Contador has jumped ship. What's going to be the new focus of this team? At least Contador waited till he got paid before jumping. Would you hang about waiting for your wages riding for this team when the bread winner has done a bunk already?

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Vino and Astana's management has already said it... They want to be competitive and ride all the GTs specially Le Tour de France, that's why they are on the market looking for a leader and that could be Menchov... also they already confirmed Kiserlosky for 2011 who is a serious talent...

I actually don't think Astana is in such dire straits. If they can land Menchov and possibly one other top calibre rider (say Kreuziger), they'll be in pretty good shape. Now they won't really be too competitive for the GC battle, but they will hold their own throughout the year IMO.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
the 4 spanish climbers they are losing will be replaced by more balanced riders.

it's almost a given kashechkin will be back for 2011.

i have a hunch that the deal with menchov is almost done.

they need 2-3 more solid riders which shouldn't be a problem for a team with their budget.

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Menchov to Astanna. Could work. I just believe Astanna have problems not yet exposed behind the scenes. Multipile, multipule tours wins yet Contatdor needed to move on??? Move on from what?

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
python said:
they need 2-3 more solid riders which shouldn't be a problem for a team with their budget.

...and Vino seems to think they might get the Schlecks?

On the subject of possible replacements for the Spaniard, Vinokourov replied: “We’re thinking about [Denis] Menchov, [Roman] Kreuziger and why not the Schleck brothers. I don’t think their deal is signed yet.”

WTF?! What's he been smoking?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
Vino and Astana's management has already said it... They want to be competitive and ride all the GTs specially Le Tour de France, that's why they are on the market looking for a leader and that could be Menchov... also they already confirmed Kiserlosky for 2011 who is a serious talent...

Menchov is to old to win the Tour...

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
from Asatana's press-release

“Astana” Cycling Team has great ongoing plans to remain part of the season 2010 and on the next season. Racers of the team are in the excellent form and show unique team cooperation, which was worked out in smallest details during the last Tour de France.
Management of the team now finishes the negotiations with a number of perspective bicycle racers and, in accordance with best traditions of “Astana” team, plans to continue winning the great bicycle races, including Tour de France.

Astana Cycling Team
Communication Department

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
python said:
it's almost a given kashechkin will be back for 2011.
His current contract with Lampre is just for the end of this year.

So as i see, it all depends on his performance on the Vuelta.

Oh, and Vino, when asked if he managed to talk with Andrey during San Sebastian, he said they DID met during the race and exchanged hello's but the race was too fast to talk.

python said:
i have a hunch that the deal with menchov is almost done.

I really wanted to see Scarponi hired, but alas...

Ricco, maybe?
________
Honda Cb400F

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
very much so! :)

there's some information that Shleck's project is still short of money. On astanafans.com we decided to offer them to combine our rest of Astana and Shleck's team rosters!:)

we were ready for this even half year before, because official Astana's site has name Astana.Lu!:)
So it's just a matter to add Astana-Luxemburg Dream Team and everyone will be happy:D

don't take it too serious but nothing's impossible...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
KazakhNeRider said:
On astanafans.com we decided to offer them to combine our rest of Astana and Shleck's team rosters!:)

we were ready for this even half year before, because official Astana's site has name Astana.Lu!:)
Wouldn't it be a knee-slapper! :D
________
lesbians Cams

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
KazakhNeRider said:
there's some information that Shleck's project is still short of money. On astanafans.com we decided to offer them to combine our rest of Astana and Shleck's team rosters!:)

So it's just a matter to add Astana-Luxemburg Dream Team and everyone will be happy:D

I would LOL BIG TIME if that happens you know! but happens in the movies happens in the real life =D

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
KazakhNeRider said:
On astanafans.com we decided to offer them to combine our rest of Astana and Shleck's team rosters!:)

All seems slightly incestuous, doesn't it?! :D

KazakhNeRider said:

I'm not - I think that's a pipe dream of Vino's - but reading that was nonetheless one of those :eek: moments.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Double crossed

610x.jpg

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/riders/2007/interviews/?id=marc_biver07

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
KazakhNeRider said:
“Astana” Cycling Team has great ongoing plans to remain part of the season 2010 and on the next season. - Thats cyclings version of the manger has total support from the board !! Racers of the team are in the excellent form and show unique team cooperation,Tosh gibber which was worked out in smallest details during the last Tour de France.- Admittance that there was a problem, possibilty?
Management of the team now finishes the negotiations with a number of perspective bicycle racers and, in accordance with best traditions of “Astana” team, plans to continue winning the great bicycle races, including Tour de France. - And great traditions of late and non- payment pratices

Astana Cycling Team
Communication Department

Astanna Propaganda Dept.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Official press-releases are always some kind of propaganda. Astana's 5 years history contains a lot of scandals, problems and troubles, but in the same time - a lot of great wins as well. We love our team, you hate - it's a life:)

TRENDING THREADS