• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Astarloza suspended

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
The UCI just announced that it has temporarily suspended Mikel Astarloza after a positive out-of-competition doping control from the end of June.

Susan

Thanks for the breaking news Susan - there goes my pick for San Sebastian!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
looks like the beginning of a possible TDF dirty list...sad news

The new detection methods used since April supposedly take longer. Which is why currently we're only up until samples from June 26th. Very soon they'll get to analysing test results for the Tour's samples...

So we did actually have a positive for a TdF participant (sample not from TdF proper, but very close to)... didn't think it would happen.

Kinda sad. I know that no rider can be trusted 100% anymore, but I had some sympathy for his performance on the TdF.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ThisFrenchGuy said:
So we did actually have a positive for a TdF participant (sample not from TdF proper, but very close to)... didn't think it would happen.

Kinda sad. I know that no rider can be trusted 100% anymore, but I had some sympathy for his performance on the TdF.

Cheer up - Sandy Casar has probably just got another stage win for France ;)

Huhuhu at the comment on Casar and FDJ.

But despite my undeniable frenchiness (I foam in the mouth every time I hear the name "Armstrong", etc...), I still do like the Basque Unofficial National Team.

Astarloza is still somewhat a second-tier catch.
Will the hammer fall above place 11?

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Well, I can't say that I am surprised to hear Astarloza caught in the net, but a little dissapointed. At least he helped animate a stage in a somewhat dull tour IMO.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
red_explosions said:
Have to agree. If they take down a top 5 it might be a sign they're actually serious about anti-doping.

Unless I'm mistaken what he meant wasn't that.

He means that (like always), many people with eyepatches over both eyes and floaters on their arms and legs will soon come in here stating their "Absolute Unshakable Truth" that doping is not the norm, Astarloza was just a crap rider that got results because he doped while barely anyone else did, etc etc etc :)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
ThisFrenchGuy said:
Sorry, the "Huhuhu" may not translate too well in English.
I was giggling along with you all, don't worry.

It came across something like this :p

Snidely_Whiplash.png

TRENDING THREADS