• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

At what point did cycling become "clean"?

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not sure if this belongs here but nice to see a 'clean' rider take a victory yesterday at San Luis. Phil Gaimon has clean tatooed(not the sticky-on type) on his arm and has had a reputation on the US circuit as being clean for a long time. I am sure our resident US Pro would back that up.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
“This year with Katusha, I feel like I am in my second youth,” Rodríguez told Biciciclismo at the Tour de San Luis. “I find myself tougher than in other years. Before, on summit finishes I was missing something. Now I notice that it costs less.”

Well then, the giro just keeps getting more interesting. Gonna be pretty impressed with Porte if he wins it tbh.

the sceptic said:
Well then, the giro just keeps getting more interesting. Gonna be pretty impressed with Porte if he wins it tbh.
Something tells me this Giro is going to be Full genius from the start. Evans and Quintana (TBC - I know) are flying, Purito is already talking smack, Porte is looking sharp as is Gesink, now we just need to see how the rest are shaping up.

This is gonna be a crazy Giro :D

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
42x16ss said:
Something tells me this Giro is going to be Full genius from the start. Evans and Quintana (TBC - I know) are flying, Purito is already talking smack, Porte is looking sharp as is Gesink, now we just need to see how the rest are shaping up.

+ Horner!!

42x16ss said:

Ignore the spectre Robobasso at your own peril, you fool!

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Oh my god lol.

Is that really from this year?

Yeah. Better than ever apparently. the skyborgs will have their hands full this year by the looks of it.

Now we just need Contador to find his old self again.

the sceptic said:
Yeah. Better than ever apparently. the skyborgs will have their hands full this year by the looks of it.

Now we just need Contador to find his old self again.
Watch a replay of todays TDU stage. Porte simply rode away from Evans, Gerrans, Ulissi and co like they were cat 1's. Barely broke a sweat, I bet he was wishing Wilunga Hill was another km longer - he'd have had the GC in the bag :cool:

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
My sources tell me that cycling became clean in the 2011 vuelta.

It is not a date, how I told there is a transitional period.
But I know, and I am sure in fact, Landa is a clean rider and I see how Landa won Cobo in Neila, and Cobo won that Vuelta, so of course that Vuelta, is quite clean, I think was mostly clean. (you can believe me about Landa or not...of course, but I going to write about what I know)

You cant say Menchov was clean in that Giro, you must read again the interview, Ten Dam said he didnt see anything.

Menchov is a good rider for GC, of course, he is not like Di Luca but I wouldnt say he was always clean, and I dont dare to assert he was clean that Giro, becouse he is on Padua investigation. Sastre was clean.

For all those people that dont believe in Froome or Wiggins, it is impossible believe anything that people talk today, or to make sense with the facts today, but maybe that people must think about the possibility of them to be clean, becouse that possibility makes sense. ( I wrote about that ).

If you dont believe you are going always to find arguments to support your opinion...so, if you dont want to believe, you dont believe ever...or, what would you need to believe in cycling? tell me, I am sure I could find an argument to tell you the contrary.

That you dont believe without any evidence or important argument in something doesnt mean that reality is as you think, and it is not going to make I dont write my opinion and work with the other alternative that make perfectly sense, althoug a lot ot people here work with another argument, that could make sense, but is far to be a fact.

Your arguments are: Wiggins, Horner, Cobo, Froome,... must be dopers, becouse I cant understand an explanation, or, it is not in "my very expert and clever logic" but that explanation is there, and they can perfectly be clean.

So, if you use to discredit any statement, a non fact, that discredit is discredited itself. ;)

42x16ss said:
Watch a replay of todays TDU stage. Porte simply rode away from Evans, Gerrans, Ulissi and co like they were cat 1's. Barely broke a sweat, I bet he was wishing Wilunga Hill was another km longer - he'd have had the GC in the bag :cool:

That did look well dodgy - shades of Ax3... :rolleyes:

pmcg76 said:
Not sure if this belongs here but nice to see a 'clean' rider take a victory yesterday at San Luis. Phil Gaimon has clean tatooed(not the sticky-on type) on his arm and has had a reputation on the US circuit as being clean for a long time. I am sure our resident US Pro would back that up.

going by this :
"Reports of GC riders hanging onto motos on the last climb today. Worse than doping," said Gaimon via Twitter
I have my doubts about his priorities and status

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I can easily see how a rider would say holding on to motos is
worse than doping.

At least with doping the idiots are risking their health.

Plus holding on to motos is a much more blatant, out in the open FU to the rules than shooting up alone in your hotel room.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
It is not a date, how I told there is a transitional period.
But I know, and I am sure in fact, Landa is a clean rider and I see how Landa won Cobo in Neila, and Cobo won that Vuelta, so of course that Vuelta, is quite clean, I think was mostly clean. (you can believe me about Landa or not...of course, but I going to write about what I know)

You cant say Menchov was clean in that Giro, you must read again the interview, Ten Dam said he didnt see anything.

Menchov is a good rider for GC, of course, he is not like Di Luca but I wouldnt say he was always clean, and I dont dare to assert he was clean that Giro, becouse he is on Padua investigation. Sastre was clean.

For all those people that dont believe in Froome or Wiggins, it is impossible believe anything that people talk today, or to make sense with the facts today, but maybe that people must think about the possibility of them to be clean, becouse that possibility makes sense. ( I wrote about that ).

If you dont believe you are going always to find arguments to support your opinion...so, if you dont want to believe, you dont believe ever...or, what would you need to believe in cycling? tell me, I am sure I could find an argument to tell you the contrary.

That you dont believe without any evidence or important argument in something doesnt mean that reality is as you think, and it is not going to make I dont write my opinion and work with the other alternative that make perfectly sense, althoug a lot ot people here work with another argument, that could make sense, but is far to be a fact.

Your arguments are: Wiggins, Horner, Cobo, Froome,... must be dopers, becouse I cant understand an explanation, or, it is not in "my very expert and clever logic" but that explanation is there, and they can perfectly be clean.

So, if you use to discredit any statement, a non fact, that discredit is discredited itself. ;)
Good post taxus, that will teach 'm.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
the culture of doping is alive and well....

Cycling Pro ‏@cyclingpro 15h
Head doctor of @giroditalia in a tv interview: "If I discover a doping affair at the race It is not my duty to report it to the authorities"

And people want to think that the mindset of the sport has changed. Of course it has............:rolleyes:

Benotti69 said:
the culture of doping is alive and well....

And people want to think that the mindset of the sport has changed. Of course it has............:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear the head of anti doping at TdF has more sympathy with riders getting busted versus the ones that were cheated.

Whats the solution? Fire 50% and see if that changes the balance a bit?

Fwiw, I do think the doctors are part of the root problem in the sport.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
I wouldn't be surprised to hear the head of anti doping at TdF has more sympathy with riders getting busted versus the ones that were cheated.

Whats the solution? Fire 50% and see if that changes the balance a bit?

Fwiw, I do think the doctors are part of the root problem in the sport.

the sport is the root problem of the sport.

TRENDING THREADS