• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Australian titles-Ballarat for 6 more rears

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Ballarat have done a terrific job with the titles but to limit a showcase event like the National titles to one place seems wrong. Isn't there anywhere else willing or able to stage the event?

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I agree. We had it over here in sa a few years back. i think its important to spread the major events around the country. The obvious reason is that it helps grow the sport. It is very difficult for the sport to grow to the level we all want it to grow to if it is kept in the same areas. The tdu has grown the amount of following for cycling in SA. This encourages more pople to ride, sponsorship dollars come into the sport(our crit series is growing well), and i think car drivers attitude to cyclists is improving.
Also its not exactly fair to have some people have to travel across the country every year, when other people have it in their home town.
It seems logical to share.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
pmsc111 said:
Ballarat have done a terrific job with the titles but to limit a showcase event like the National titles to one place seems wrong. Isn't there anywhere else willing or able to stage the event?

The bogan mafia have a stranglehold on the event !

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
The bogan mafia have a stranglehold on the event !

Wow. Now you have me thinking. You may actually be an Aussie. Even more, you may be from the Penguin state. Amazing how a little colloqialism can identify your origins.