• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Baby Giro 2019 - Giro d’Italia Giovani Under 23 (13-23.6.)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Baby Giro 2019 - Giro d’Italia Giovani Under 23 (13-23.

The breakaway rider Colleoni lasted over the second Mortirolo ascent and now Ardila, Alba and Rubio (three Colombians lol) are almost with him. Sounds like the next group is probably a minute back already.

Max Rockatansky said:
Brailsford is going to have a hard time to choose his next acquisitions. ;)
I guess one of them will probably end up at Androni, Savio still has a ton of connections in Colombia.
Rubio seems the one who'd be ready for a bigger team from the start, he's racing in Europe for the 3rd year in a row and last year he outsprinted Pogi on the MTF in the Giro del Friuli.
Speaking of Savio, I've heard that he has an agreement with a young South American climber, but he doesn't want to reveal his nationality. Could it be that he has managed to get Jefferson Cepeda?

Mayomaniac said:
Max Rockatansky said:
I guess one of them will probably end up at Androni, Savio still has a ton of connections in Colombia.
Rubio seems the one who'd be ready for a bigger team from the start, he's racing in Europe for the 3rd year in a row and last year he outsprinted Pogi on the MTF in the Giro del Friuli.
Speaking of Savio, I've heard that he has an agreement with a young South American climber, but he doesn't want to reveal his nationality. Could it be that he has managed to get Jefferson Cepeda?
jefferson cepeda is already in talks with moviestar.

capuldemetal said:
Mayomaniac said:
Max Rockatansky said:
jefferson cepeda is already in talks with moviestar.
Yes, I've also heard about it, but I couldn't think of many other interesting non-Colombian climbing prospects.

Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Ridiculous. Hopefully the organizers will learn their lesson and find a more balanced route next year.
Cassani has said that they made a hard route because there aren't enough good young italian climbers and gc riders, they want to develop them.
That said, you're right about the route Italy already has the Giro della Valle d'Aosta that is pretty much nothing but mountains, make this one a bit more balanced.
Covi did ok, even if he lost his podium spot. He wasn't supposed to ride for the gc, but then Bagioli had stomach problems and dnf.
Both of them are supposed to turn pro with UAE next year.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Ridiculous. Hopefully the organizers will learn their lesson and find a more balanced route next year.
Cassani has said that they made a hard route because there aren't enough good young italian climbers and gc riders, they want to develop them.

It has to be quite frustrating, to have two riders like Ardila and Alba racing their first race in Europe and performing so much better than the Italians.

TRENDING THREADS