• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Bahrain

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Insane performance. Putting time into Van Aert and Van der Poel on the climbs after all the work he did.

Yeah, that's what the commentators said as well, but honestly van Aert and van der Poel were just looking at each other most of the time, they cared about the yellow, not the stage win that much. In the end van Aert worked, when Roglic was dropped for good I think, but before that they clearly didn't do much to catch Mohoric.
Anyway, really strong performance by Mohoric and of course looks like part of the bigger picture.

Reactions: Red Rick
i thought mohoric was stronger than both van aert and mvdp today, once he got the advantage it never went away even when van aert and mvdp attacked in the end - they actually caught asgreen group, yet the time lost to mohoric stayed the same

its not just padun who can attack and maintain the lead over surging chasers

There has got to be something new...the Slovenian revolution started something bigger across the peloton
It's nothing new, it's just well organized doping ring for Slovenian cyclists. Tratnik, Mohoric, Pogacar, Roglic. I think it's the same mechanism (probably including local cycling federation) as Sky and British Cycling in UK under Freeman a few years ago.

Reactions: gmedina