• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bauke Mollema v Peter Sagan

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Bauke Mollema v Peter Sagan - who will rule the cycling world first?

• Peter Sagan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Another Dutch vote for Sagan. With the identical caveat: not exactly like-for-like riders, but since Sagan looks less limited in his range (and possibly more effective or capable), I'm going with Sagan.

Looks like this "Patriotic Dutch fanboy camp" thing either doesn't exists as such, or hasn't got the obligatory blind and inflated expectations that usually seems to follow a naturally slanted enthusiasm for home turf riders (in a poll, that would also get my vote).

Heck, the simple reality check is that "we" are still stuck with celebrating what Gesink did at the Tour as "the best we did in a long a time". But I bet he also outperformed most of the pre-tour Dutch claims here. You don't need to go OTT to be enthused by someone's actual participation.

I suspect without some wild Ozzie poster(s) Giro's dreams, hopes, claims and (inevitably) deflation, we wouldn't even be talking much about this Bauke guy. He obviously has interest for those that have Dutch glasses on their noses. But where mentioning Bauke transmogrified into a bit of jestful meme then, it's a bit stale now.

But Sagan on the other hand has given us plenty to talk about. No Ozzies required...

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
don´t see too much reason to compare these two, there is 3-year difference between them
anyway, I haven´t seen a talent like Sagan in many years in professional cycling

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
OK, 20 years old neopro, done TDU, P-N, Romandie, TCal, TdS:

16 times top five in stages (5 wins)
TDU 28 GC
P-N 16 GC
Romandie 12 GC
TCal 8 GC
TdS DNF

only explanation of this is that he's immortal already...

Bauke will be ok, looks like human being.

I think Sagan will have the better career but voted Bauke because he was getting thrashed... :p

But seriously though, Bauke will spend most of his career working for Robert Gesink in the Tour and might once-a-year get a chance to win a week-long race... Perhaps one day Rabo will support him in the Vuelta or the Giro and he'll get a Top-5... Maybe.

Sagan will win a lot of stages (like he has been doing all year) and given three years, or maybe a bit more, he might turn into a top classics guy... But it's still too soon to tell where exactly Sagan's career will lead him. He certainly has more potential.

Although Sagan positive isn't too far ahead i warrant. Sorry, had to... Please don't ban me

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Francois the Postman said:
Looks like this "Patriotic Dutch fanboy camp" thing either doesn't exists as such, or hasn't got the obligatory blind and inflated expectations that usually seems to follow a naturally slanted enthusiasm for home turf riders (in a poll, that would also get my vote).

I suspect without some wild Ozzie poster(s) Giro's dreams, hopes, claims and (inevitably) deflation, we wouldn't even be talking much about this Bauke guy. He obviously has interest for those that have Dutch glasses on their noses. But where mentioning Bauke transmogrified into a bit of jestful meme then, it's a bit stale now.

But Sagan on the other hand has given us plenty to talk about. No Ozzies required...

At least you highlighted the patriotic dutch fanboy club. For once the cadel club will agree with them putting there support behind Bauky! This Ozzie poster will be able to look back in a few yesra and claim his fame as he saw the raw talent in this guy.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Move over Contador! BAUKY IS HERE!!!!!!!

I think I will do the same thing to you as i did to andy schleck for making those nasty comments against delicious cadel!

Your posts are getting creepier by the day.

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I would tip my hat to Bauki, but by the time either outlive the shadows that hang over their heads, there will be someone else and they will be tired,old has-beens talking about what could have been.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I think I will do the same thing to you as i did to andy schleck for making those nasty comments against delicious cadel!

"delicious Cadel"???...So now we have an idea what goes on behind closed doors with you and your Evans video collection!:eek: Oh the shame!

TRENDING THREADS