• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

BBC coverage

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Michael Johnson really hates all of the non sprint events in the athletics. He dismisses with 1 or 2 words any questions about those events, and today when asked if this was a good session, named the 100, men 100 women 200 men 200 women 400 men 400 hurrdles men and 100 hurdles women, as the reasons why this is one of the best athletics sessions ever.

So none of the none sprint events matter:confused:

The bbc in a similar manner devote little hype to any of those events. We dont see the ceremonies, we dont get much post race analysis whereas for all the sprint races get full attention from all of the panel even at the heat stage.

I dont quite get why they are so determined to present things like 100m and 200m and 400m as a close races when everyone knows bolt and james will win, whereas all the events 1500 + are actually up for grabs and close entertaining races. Its like presenting Indurains TDFs as the most entertaining ones and dismissing 2007 2008 or 2011.

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Handful? From what I've seen in the Clinic it seems to be the doping equivalent of the David Icke forum.

I can understand cycling fans being cynical. But good god...

jimbags said:
Handful? From what I've seen in the Clinic it seems to be the doping equivalent of the David Icke forum.

I can understand cycling fans being cynical. But good god...

Most posters in the clinic will back up any theories they have with evidence (O Puerto, articles, investigations, interviews, science studies, sanctions, etc).

Cram has done none of that. He has no theory, no argument. He is picking on 1 athlete just none stop fiendishly insulting him.

And if you wont to claim that thats what the entire clinic (with its frequent membership of at least 50) is doing, you are going to have to come up with some major examples, and not just the 2 posters currently posting in the olympics doping thread.

The Hitch said:
Michael Johnson really hates all of the non sprint events in the athletics. He dismisses with 1 or 2 words any questions about those events, and today when asked if this was a good session, named the 100, men 100 women 200 men 200 women 400 men 400 hurrdles men and 100 hurdles women, as the reasons why this is one of the best athletics sessions ever.

So none of the none sprint events matter:confused:

The bbc in a similar manner devote little hype to any of those events. We dont see the ceremonies, we dont get much post race analysis whereas for all the sprint races get full attention from all of the panel even at the heat stage.

I dont quite get why they are so determined to present things like 100m and 200m and 400m as a close races when everyone knows bolt and james will win, whereas all the events 1500 + are actually up for grabs and close entertaining races. Its like presenting Indurains TDFs as the most entertaining ones and dismissing 2007 2008 or 2011.

Maybe but its a different matter when he thinks the camera is showing footage from elsewhere ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19134764

(from 30 seconds onwards)

TRENDING THREADS