• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Be patient with the new site

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Lost most projects there will be bugs and not everyone will be happy.
I like the idea that cyclingnews has changed, presented a new face.
I see the potential in what you are doing and hopefully in a short time the work that is being put in will see all your current fans and many more use the service. Loyalty is a great thing in sport, cyclingnews started in Australia out of Newcastle by a one man band called Bill Mitchell. It has changed many times over the years and evolved with demand. This would not have been possible without the loyalty of support. Give the owners time, I have no doubt this is a massive undertaking and one fueled by passion for the sport.
iridedaily

A

Anonymous

Novocastrian (no comparative or superlative)
Of or relating to Newcastle.

for those that dont know... the wife is one.. :(

A

Anonymous

you think shes happy about it ;)

anyway.. enough.. or i will start talking football.. :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
It happens every single time anyone changes their website. Everyone were totally crazy when ex. Facebook changed their look. I don't know why people thinks that changes are hard to be use to.

I think the new design is nice, and it's easy to find what you want. Ignore people like "yournewwebsitesucks" etc. They're idiots. They don't know what behind making websites.

You got a nice website!

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
New website launch

... god some people do love to moan don't they.

The old site was appalling. Dreadful in wide browsers, mobile browsers, ads that loaded before content, and some dodgy use of fixed width fonts. It's now "mended" - as far as I'm concerned - and looking so much better for it.

Could really do with RSS though !

Well done - I'll bet it's been a slog to get here.

Dave

Halvor said:
I think the new design is nice, and it's easy to find what you want. Ignore people like "yournewwebsitesucks" etc.
They're idiots.
i don't think we are idiots for voicing an opinion :confused: and as you can see there are quite a few idiots who have joined to comment on the new design

Halvor said:
They don't know what behind making websites.]

i guess you haven't seen bike radar then :rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

Minnellium said:

The old site was appalling. Dreadful in wide browsers, mobile browsers, ads that loaded before content, and some dodgy use of fixed width fonts. It's now "mended" - as far as I'm concerned - and looking so much better for it.

Dave

ive no idea what mobile you used but it did work before..
and we have confirmation from opera, iphone, symbian and blackberry users that is doesnt..

perhaps you can tell us what phone/browser you use and we can all buy one.. :D

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Appaling?!?

:eek:
Minnellium said:

Could really do with RSS though !

Well done - I'll bet it's been a slog to get here.

Dave

You are the biggest moaner. The old site was not appaling. It wasn't cool and fun for you tech types,but the dodgy thing worked much better.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, it's unusably slow if it won't actually render a page with any content. I never was able to view this page, it stayed blank with the spinning "page loading" thingie in the corner of Firefox, even after about 10 reload attempts.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/us...international-classic-3/stages/stage-5/report

And I haven't seen any image on the home page, they all end up with the text alternate shown and no image. So it has the same abysmally slow image server that Bike Radar has, I have given up looking at anything beyond the thumbnails on Bike Radar because they never rendered in the past year or so.

So the site has gone from something I checked every day and especially on World Cup race days to a site that refuses to actually display content. Too bad, it used to have good content (no matter what the navigation or layout issues might have been), but if the content never appears it breaks Jakob Nielsen's basic rule of website design.

TRENDING THREADS