• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Because it deserves it's own thread.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
No, I actually support organizations that use their money wisely. I don't support an organization or a man just because he had cancer.

I don't "hate," I merely tell the truth about Mr Armstrong. What you see as negative is merely a recount of reality. Sorry you buy into the hype and blame others because your hero is a fraud. Sucks for you.

But in fact you don't tell the truth. You think you are being truthful, but like all cynics you look at life "through a glass darkly." In fact your cynicism blinds you to a more careful and thoughtful expression of the truth. It is the vitriol in your language that gives it away. It is always thus with cynics. They think they are the only ones who see the "truth", when in fact they look at life with blinders on.

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
Jim Gosger said:
But in fact you don't tell the truth. You think you are being truthful, but like all cynics you look at life "through a glass darkly." In fact your cynicism blinds you to a more careful and thoughtful expression of the truth. It is the vitriol in your language that gives it away. It is always thus with cynics. They think they are the only ones who see the "truth", when in fact they look at life with blinders on.

Nice personal attack, but what specific part of the truth do you not believe?

A

Anonymous

Jim Gosger said:

And you are sniffing the chamois of a fraud. I'll take my lot.

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
Eva Maria said:
Nice personal attack, but what specific part of the truth do you not believe?

Well, let's start with this. The previous poster said that the LAF doesn't use its money wisely. Of course, he did not provide any evidence of this. Somehow I think that my fellow cancer patients at Dana Farber would agree that providing the funds for the clinic that treats our cancer is a wise use of funds.

A

Anonymous

Jim Gosger said:
Well, let's start with this. The previous poster said that the LAF doesn't use it's money wisely. Of course, he did not provide any evidence of this. Somehow I think that my fellow cancer patients at Dana Farber would agree that providing the funds for the clinic that treats our cancer is a wise use of funds.

Hey Slappy, do some research yourself. I am not your assistant, nor am I your dog. You are capable of hunting it down. In fact, the information is posted on SEVERAL threads on this here forum. Google is a wicked tool. I can assure you that the rating for the LAF is below par, and that is a FACT. But you don't want facts, you want feel good stories based around a fraud of a man, and nothing anyone says will change your mind. If I have seen it once, I have seen it 100 times with this particular subject.

I am sorry your friend has cancer. I only wish that people hoping to support someone like that would send their money to a worthy charity instead of the charity arm of Lance's ego.

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Hey Slappy, do some research yourself. I am not your assistant, nor am I your dog. You are capable of hunting it down. In fact, the information is posted on SEVERAL threads on this here forum. Google is a wicked tool. I can assure you that the rating for the LAF is below par, and that is a FACT. But you don't want facts, you want feel good stories based around a fraud of a man, and nothing anyone says will change your mind. If I have seen it once, I have seen it 100 times with this particular subject.

I am sorry your friend has cancer. I only wish that people hoping to support someone like that would send their money to a worthy charity instead of the charity arm of Lance's ego.

What you don't understand is that the name calling and hateful language gives you away.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Jim Gosger said:
Well, let's start with this. The previous poster said that the LAF doesn't use its money wisely. Of course, he did not provide any evidence of this. Somehow I think that my fellow cancer patients at Dana Farber would agree that providing the funds for the clinic that treats our cancer is a wise use of funds.

This is one of many threads discussing the percentage of funds that go towards running costs and towards cancer advocacy of LAF, as well as the confusion between livestrong.org and liverstrong.com: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=2774

A

Anonymous

Jim Gosger said:
What you don't understand is that the name calling and hateful language gives you away.

Why don't you understand that your "information" has been regurgitated by hundreds of fanboys who came before you?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Lance is a fraud. Might as well tell you now and save you finding out later.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:

I copied this from another thread for you to read;

I agree with 180mm regarding some posters who could use a bit more moderation. Some have actually been talked to and brag about it like it is some badge of honor. Seriously, I think alot of newer people with valuable insight to contribute could be scared off.

Your comments above are pretty harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS