• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Beer or Wine

Beer or Wine

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
Which one, whichever one you choose feel free to say your favourite.

Beer. And I'm fortunate enough to live in wine country. Both are great, both have their place. Beer's place is usually in my fridge. Hard to nail down a favourite... I'm working my way through some fine suggestions on the beer thread. Just picked up a chocolate malt from Yukon Brewing which will be opened for Thanksgiving. But this is a nice place to give a thumbs up to a nice Shiraz from Australia, a Merlot from the Okanagan, or anything bold and red from Chile. So I voted for both.

A

Anonymous

For someone like me, you might as well have titled it "Crack and Heroin."

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Both.

Wine at home or with a meal and beer when out and about.

Little can be better, IMHO, than lying in a field, on an English summer day, with a pint of real ale in one hand and listening to live music.

I'm of the opinion that beer is rarely at it's best if bottled or canned and so prefer to drink it direct from the cask. Thus I have just returned from drinking three pints of Bathams (described on the beer thread about 48 hours ago (in far better condition tonight :D )) and have poured myself a glass of Californian Shiraz.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Neither now, but each had it's place during my reign of terror. I very much enjoyed a bottle of wine (or two) and some other night I would enjoy a cheap beer (or 8) or a tasty micro (or 5).

A

Anonymous

franciep10 said:
Is it a religious thing or a personal preference

No, its a "when I do them I end up in a dark room for weeks on end doing nothing but ingesting copious amounts of anything I can get my hands on and then going out and committing felonies to keep the train rolling so that I can find another dark room to ingest copious amounts of any substance I can get my hands on and then going out and committing felonies to keep the train rolling so that..."

Hookers are a nuisance because they want you to share the drugs.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm.... I'm a beer lover first. Big surprise I suppose. :D

I'll say this, I am also a huge California Zinfandel fan and spend a fair amount of time in Paso Robles, California getting lost in some incredible Zin's. There is a wine maker there called Four Vines. If you can get your hands on a bottle of Four Vines Phoenix (any year) buy it, open it (let it breathe for an hour or two) and enjoy. Fantastic wine.

I have a good friend who has an addiction to Duckhorn Paraduxx (a blend) which is some of the very best wine I have ever tasted. If you can find an '04 or an '06 Paraduxx....

Wine? Beer? I voted for both.

Hopefully no one will start a thread about tequila. I am aging some smoking Casa Noble Reposado...

"Wine is a gift from Bacchus, son of Semele, smells of perfume and tastes like nectar. Whereas beer is a barbarian drink, is made from the leftovers of bread and stinks like goat!"
Julian the Apostate, Roman Emperor (361-363 AD)

"Long live liberty, and long live wine!"
Goethe

IN VINO VERITAS ("In wine there is truth")
Ancient Roman proverb

Chi non beve vino, Dio nega anchè l'acqua! (He who doesn't drink wine, God also negates water!")

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Hmmm.... I'm a beer lover first. Big surprise I suppose. :D

I'll say this, I am also a huge California Zinfandel fan and spend a fair amount of time in Paso Robles, California getting lost in some incredible Zin's. There is a wine maker there called Four Vines. If you can get your hands on a bottle of Four Vines Phoenix (any year) buy it, open it (let it breathe for an hour or two) and enjoy. Fantastic wine.

I have a good friend who has an addiction to Duckhorn Paraduxx (a blend) which is some of the very best wine I have ever tasted. If you can find an '04 or an '06 Paraduxx....

Wine? Beer? I voted for both.

Hopefully no one will start a thread about tequila. I am aging some smoking Casa Noble Reposado...

My wife's working with Turley's winemaker (really good Zin's). They're making a Pinot Noir from grapes grown near King's Ridge, site of Levi's Ronde ride this last weekend. This is really good stuff.
Having said that; hard to beat really good Italian Barolos. One thing-bad beer is much easier to drink than bad wine. Beer's a better "investment".

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
rafael_ms said:
idk if it's because i only drinked cheap wine, but the taste is horrible. Not like a good pilsen at a bbq, or a lager at a dark and tiny pub.
Try flicking the box next time. If it makes a nice hollow sound, you got you a very nice vintage.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
[Homer Simpson voice]mmmmm.....wine[/Homer Simpson voice]

Beer just rips up my guts, so wine only for me. Okay, vodka works as well... or a good scotch... basically, anything but beer.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Beer mostly. Virtually anything by Unibrou, Chimay, Stella, Sam... Bud is only good on the hottest of the hottest on a golf course. Favorite wine is Pinot Grigio, Santa Margherita hands down. Although the Italian sparkling variety is always good too... On the liquor side, a fine Bourbon.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
I just realised that wine has to be the winner.

Honestly, can anyone put there hand up and say they've sliced a tyre open on a wine bottle that's been discarded on the side of the road?

TRENDING THREADS