• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ben O'Connor: Baby face becomes conqueror

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Where is Geoghegan Hart overrated at all? He's seen as some kind of British Cunego GC wise at best. Hence why so many people were happy for him. Kid grabbed his one big chance to win a grand tour.
A good number of British fans talked Hart up as if he was the second coming of Merckx through his U23 and neo Pro years. I do agree that everyone else saw him as that though.

A good number of British fans talked Hart up as if he was the second coming of Merckx through his U23 and neo Pro years. I do agree that everyone else saw him as that though.
That Giro podium was an interesting one. So was the Tour last year with Porte making the podium. I think both results pleased quite a few people for different reasons. Hindley making the podium was even more of a surprise probably but its still early days for him and TGH. Hindley at least has to improve his TT to get a good Tour result in the future. He's maybe a top 10 Tour rider at the moment or top 7 if he can repeat his climbing performance in the Giro.

Why did he lose so much time? What was the team doing?
A flat tire alone doesn´t explain the time loss. If I remember it correctly Vlasov had to change his bike at the same time and he made it back to the front group without any problems.

Last edited:
Ummm...I actually don't think AG2R was ready to protect Ben. They were hoping that Cosnefroy or maybe Naesen would fight for the stage win. No way O'Connor shouldn't have finished with A P-P in the lead group. And Jungels for that matter, based on current form. On paper they had a good team for the stage with all those guys plus Stan Dewulf, and just didn't have their act together.

Think he might be ill. His podium chances had gone but still a top five possibility which is now unlikely as well unless he climbs super good on the mountain stages. He will have to lose a lot more time than that to be given much rope in a break especially after last year.

Every time you quit the forum, he loses his mojo. Uncle Ben needs you, Blue Roads!

7rr472.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan and Lui98

TRENDING THREADS