• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Benoît Cosnefroy - the next Alaphilippe?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
an old photo, just to prove he's handsome (okay, and also to show a big success of his)

QDSOSWO4UUALDKEL3J5T4VU6C4.jpg

An ego boost for him at the right time, since the tour wasn't all too good. His antics in the polka dot seemed rather desperate. Let's hope everybody sees the writing on the wall, and he will become another major french force in the hills. With additionally GVA and Naesen on board, AG2R could become a true classics powerhouse.

Reactions: yaco
An ego boost for him at the right time, since the tour wasn't all too good. His antics in the polka dot seemed rather desperate. Let's hope everybody sees the writing on the wall, and he will become another major french force in the hills. With additionally GVA and Naesen on board, AG2R could become a true classics powerhouse.
Lol, most people didn't even know who this guy was one and a half months ago, he then rides in the spotlight of the biggest race of the year for the whole three weeks and now needs an ego boost because of his horrible Tour? What on earth did you expect. 5 stage wins and 2 out of 4 jerseys minimum? There are lots of guys who had a bad Tour. Cosnefroy is not one of them.

I had expected AG2R to put all their polka dot eggs in the Peters basket after his victory, but in the end he had apparently not enough left either. Cosnefroy took his chances and got almost three weeks of spotlight. We'll never know, if he could have gotten a stage win, but it would have been difficult. It looks like, he timed his form perfectly for LFW though.

After the second place yesterday it will be interesseing to see him in LBL, although it'll probably be too hard for him.

Lol, most people didn't even know who this guy was one and a half months ago, he then rides in the spotlight of the biggest race of the year for the whole three weeks and now needs an ego boost because of his horrible Tour? What on earth did you expect. 5 stage wins and 2 out of 4 jerseys minimum? There are lots of guys who had a bad Tour. Cosnefroy is not one of them.
Sure, if you think so - i thought it was disappointing, spending time in the polka dot in the early days isn't really much of a prize imho. I had hoped to see more from him, in Fleche he has shown actually what he is capable off.

Sure, if you think so - i thought it was disappointing, spending time in the polka dot in the early days isn't really much of a prize imho. I had hoped to see more from him, in Fleche he has shown actually what he is capable off.
Sure he didn't win anything but 15 days in the jersey is, in my opinion, more deserving of praise than ridicule - if only for the fight he put up.

Sure he didn't win anything but 15 days in the jersey is, in my opinion, more deserving of praise than ridicule - if only for the fight he put up.

The thing was that it was a little ridiculous how the stars aligned so many days in a row, first with Perez actually getting the jersey but then crashing out, and then so many stages where the points were distributed weirdly and to riders without points, while Cosnefroy could barely keep himself out of the slowest gruppetto.

Then he finally climbed decently on stage 17 but the points for first place on top of the Col de la Loze exceeded his score and he finally relinquished it.

But it was more bizarre circumstance than his fighting spirit that gave him the jersey. I don't think he gained a point after the Pyrenees.

Reactions: Fuente De

TRENDING THREADS