• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Jelly Belly... awesome as ****. :D

BOMGVh3CUAAF08Y.jpg:large

Jelly Belly is awesome per definition! :D
Just... that name!

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody please let me know why British national champion jersey has Dutch or Luxembroug flag on it and not a British flag? I cannot find an answer anywhere and I really wonder why!

Thanks for answer!

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It's already discussed a couple of pages back. It is the classic British design and only a few exceptions haven't looked like it.
I think it would look better if the rings weren't broken and it wouldn't resemble a flag as much.

SLO_cyclist said:
Can somebody please let me know why British national champion jersey has Dutch or Luxembroug flag on it and not a British flag? I cannot find an answer anywhere and I really wonder why!

Thanks for answer!

If the British national champs jersey causes you consternation, you ought to compare the flags of New Zealand and Australia to their national champs jerseys. Prepare to have your mind blown.

SLO_cyclist said:

Thanks for answer!

because sporting colours and flags are two very different things.
take soccer for example, and the Italian national squad.

And some might say that a bright orange would be more appropriate for the dutch champion than the blue/white/red

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
observer said:
because sporting colours and flags are two very different things.
take soccer for example, and the Italian national squad.

And some might say that a bright orange would be more appropriate for the dutch champion than the blue/white/red

Orange = Dutch National Team (current design also has red / white / blue bands)
Flag = Dutch Champion

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Even if you like Cavendish's British Champion's jersey you have to admit it looks bad as a skinsuit - the red / white / blue "bands" are too low.

_68532930_68532929.jpg

Did Cavendish ever wear a rainbow skinsuit last year?

If he's that concerned with aerodynamics why doesn't he shave? :)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
Yukiya Arashiro's national champ jersey. Looks good. Fast Freddies jersey is awesome as well.

b4f4d785-3825-4b57-baf2-f272aa18f3e8_zpsa0370447.jpg
i disagree. when i first tuned into yesterday's stage and saw the white jersey in the breakaway i thought whoever was wearing the maillot blanc had made it into the break. i think the japan champ's jersey needs a rethink.

i agree about fred rodriguez's jelly belly jersey, though.

to me the best national champ jerseys are the one's where you can easily identify both the team and the country. sagan's national champ jersey is an example of this. some of the jerseys of national champs that have ridden for katusha have been good, too.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
gregod said:
i disagree. when i first tuned into yesterday's stage and saw the white jersey in the breakaway i thought whoever was wearing the maillot blanc had made it into the break. i think the japan champ's jersey needs a rethink.

The big red sun with the Euopcar logo above didnt give it away?

gregod said:

i agree about fred rodriguez's jelly belly jersey, though.

to me the best national champ jerseys are the one's where you can easily identify both the team and the country. sagan's national champ jersey is an example of this. some of the jerseys of national champs that have ridden for katusha have been good, too.

:eek:

Really?

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the Japanese, Norwegian and Portuguese jerseys but usually find the USA jerseys to be hideous so I suppose the Jelly Belly version isn’t too bad in comparison, prefer the Mexican though.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
agree. bring this back:

images

now seriously. it's perfect,you can't make it better

That design is considered extremely offensive in Asia. Somewhat as if the German national champion showed up in kit with the swastika on it.

GPdesAmeriques said:
Even if you like Cavendish's British Champion's jersey you have to admit it looks bad as a skinsuit - the red / white / blue "bands" are too low.

_68532930_68532929.jpg

Did Cavendish ever wear a rainbow skinsuit last year?

If he's that concerned with aerodynamics why doesn't he shave? :)

That's something that should get him banned. He's not the TT champion, so he shouldn't be ALLOWED a skinsuit in his national colours.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
That's something that should get him banned. He's not the TT champion, so he shouldn't be ALLOWED a skinsuit in his national colours.

At this rate, they should ban all the top sprinters :D

613x.jpg

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:

The UCI needs to ban skinsuits in road races for everyone! Skinsuits should only be for track, time trials, and cyclocross.

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
This is nice to see, Radioshack has an actual national jersey. I only have screenshots from a Sporza video, so please forgive me for the quality of the pictures.

2qm3mlv.png

2n83f3a.png

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Wunengzi said:
This is nice to see, Radioshack has an actual national jersey. I only have screenshots from a Sporza video, so please forgive me for the quality of the pictures.

Thanks a lot! This is what they should have been doing all along... nice to see someone finally got a decent jersey!

TRENDING THREADS