• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Inspired by Libertine's post on another thread.

A few to start us off.

BEST

preview-caisse.jpg

Purito Rodriguez, Spain

Serguei-Ivanov-of-Russia--001.jpg

Sergei Ivanov, Russia

205.jpg

Dean Downing, GB (Crit champ)

filippo-pozzato_1640953c.jpg

Fillippo Pozzato, Italia

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
:D LOL! I remember how much fail it was when I saw it... luckily for RaboFail they managed to get the real one short afterwards :eek:

Yea.. that one isnt the best and real version, but too lazy to get the real one :eek: :p

theyoungest said:
You serious? The English champs jersey is terrible, if only because the print has nothing to do with England.

Lol, you just annoyed a whole bunch of Scots and Welsh! If they did separate champs' jerseys for England, Scotland and Wales the jerseys would probably ALL be way better than the British one though.

I agree with Pisti, Movistar and Leopard/Radioshack 2012 are making some of the absolute worst national champs jerseys known to man.

Some of my recent favourites:
DV269536_600.jpg

(awww)

ruben_plaza_caisse_depargne_600.jpg

ng1598518.jpg

(I can't stand Cabreira, but that is one sweet kit)

5654604004_8106c35677_z.jpg

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
You serious? The English champs jersey is terrible, if only because the print has nothing to do with England.

Hey, it's pretty cool that Holland and Luxembourg have the same flag, let's use it as well!

Agreed. (although its British Champ, not English);)

Its time there was a re-think as the jersey really has no British identity whatsoever. Although historically, our track and field athletes etc have worn the same jersey (no idea why).

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Andy99 said:
Agreed. (although its British Champ, not English);)

Its time there was a re-think as the jersey really has no British identity whatsoever. Although historically, our track and field athletes etc have worn the same jersey (no idea why).

When I mentioned it many people said that it has a strong history in British sports etc. That might be true, but they should improve it somehow. Maybe not make the lines horizontal. At least the Aussie jersey doesn't look like a different country's flag... (or maybe Brazil?! still...).

EDIT: This is one of the best I think. They did a terrible job of it afterwards at Leopard/RSNT...
Tour+of+California+Stage+8+PTZzSyIVb9Ql.jpg

Cancellator said:
When I mentioned it many people said that it has a strong history in British sports etc. That might be true, but they should improve it somehow. Maybe not make the lines horizontal. At least the Aussie jersey doesn't look like a different country's flag... (or maybe Brazil?! still...).

EDIT: This is one of the best I think. They did a terrible job of it afterwards at Leopard/RSNT...
Tour+of+California+Stage+8+PTZzSyIVb9Ql.jpg

Yeh I wanted to post Andy in the Lux jersey.

TRENDING THREADS