• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Wizard of Visma

Page 196 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This **** Jonas is having has almost the same recovery time as Tadej's wrist. Yet very few people on this forum acknowledge that Tadej's wrist had anything to do with him losing the TDF last year. On the other hand I'm yet to see someone say Jonas will be 100% for this years TDF.

All this despite us having seen prior cases with similar injuries to Jonas where athlets came back within a month and Jonas also has 17 more days to recover and prepare for the TDF than Tadej had.

IMO Vingegaard is still Visma's best bet for the podium and the only one capable of winning it all. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't show up for this years TDF. Probably not as good as he would be with his ideal preperation but still in a very good form.
I already said some times, if Vingegaard starts the Tour without pain and recovered, he doesn't need to start the Tour at 100% in terms of shape to win the race, especially when the Tour is backloaded in the last 8 days.

Reactions: zekance
Dec 15, 2023
Visit site
People unironically arguing an injury that sent a rider to ICU isnt worse than hand injury that got surgery that same day and where the rider was out of hospital 24h later
I did not say that. I said that the recovery time for both is not that different. Ofcourse Jonas was in more pain and his life took a bigger hit for the first 2-3 weeks after the injury but that does not change the fact that his journey back to bike should only take 1 or 2 weeks longer than what Tadej's took last year.

I did not say that. I said that the recovery time for both is not that different. Ofcourse Jonas was in more pain and his life took a bigger hit for the first 2-3 weeks after the injury but that does not change the fact that his journey back to bike should only take 1 or 2 weeks longer than what Tadej's took last year.

Well that depends on what you define as "on the bike" taking in to account the natural break pogi was going to take after the spring, I would guess, if we include the indoor trainer, he had practically no real break from keeping his body going.

Not sure Jonas is anywhere near this. He has to be on the trainer now.

Let's hope he is. Steff Cras is already on the trainer.

I don't know how much one can tell about Vingegaards recovery based on Cras. A pneumothorax can be small or large for example. I just know it took Davie Selke (football player) more than a year to gain back his total fitness after he had a pneumothorax. So it seems to me the recovery time has a quite wide span of how long it can last.

That is a very strange conclusion.

Dec 15, 2023
Visit site
I don't know how much one can tell about Vingegaards recovery based on Cras. A pneumothorax can be small or large for example. I just know it took Davie Selke (football player) more than a year to gain back his total fitness after he had a pneumothorax. So it seems to me the recovery time has a quite wide span of how long it can last.
Davie Selke last game before the injury was on 13.7. and the first game back was on 15.9. and by February he already had 4 goals and 8 assiasts. For him that is very good.

Reactions: QueenStagiaire
Davie Selke last game before the injury was on 13.7. and the first game back was on 15.9. and by February he already had 4 goals and 8 assiasts. For him that is very good.

He had a lot of assits that season for some reason, but it does not change the fact that he himself said, he wasn't really fully fit until more than a year after condition wise, which is considerable. And his injury was less severe than Vingegaards. So he was locked out of his usual playing style for quite a while. Which is absolutely not to say that Skeletor will have similar isssues. Which was actually the point I wanted to make: Injuries are ofc comparable but they are still unique, afaik we have not heard any news like that he's atleast training a bit yet, which would mean he's been out of training for weeks now. I hope he'll recover fast and well, I just don't believe that's simply a given.

Wait... I thought pneumothorax was just the fancy Latin word for 'punctured lung'.
A pneumothorax is air being caught in an area of the chest which restricts breathing. I think you usually need a punctured lung to sustain a pneumothorax.
About that....

I think that generally they use collapsed lung and punctured lung interchangably, but in Vingegaards case I think he literally had physical trauma to the lung itself and not just a collapsed lung from air in the thoracic cavity. There was some update about him having blood in his lung or something.