• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
nikolay_Mihaylov_2016.jpg

It's like a garden salad with too much carrot.

So true.

So here's a (hopefully original) angle on the Spain kit: Valverde is one of the canniest riders ever. He is also very aware of everything around him (remember the comment about knowing Sagan was on his wheel because of his haircut).

Is it possible that he doesn't want other riders to make him out so easily, particularly while glancing back?

Re:

carton said:
So here's a (hopefully original) angle on the Spain kit: Valverde is one of the canniest riders ever. He is also very aware of everything around him (remember the comment about knowing Sagan was on his wheel because of his haircut).

Is it possible that he doesn't want other riders to make him out so easily, particularly while glancing back?

Nah, he's got nothing to do with it. It's a sponsor thing. They want their marketable faces wrapped in their commercial colour scheme with their logo as visible as possible.

That's it, this team is worse than Movistar and the Leopard/Radioshack merger put together. Everything they've put out so far is a crime against aesthetics, and that somebody has been paid to produce these "designs" that can be achieved by pasting a flag icon into a blocky template on MS Paint is pure daylight robbery.

Jakub said:
zoolander said:
observer said:
I was kinda hoping that horrible Valverde kit was just a temp solution.
seems like it isn't.

_dsc0174_670.jpg

Movistar and its national championships jerseys history has always been a disgrace in Spain :(

OMG, this year's Movistar jersey is extremely ugly, it looks like the blob from Futurama has vomitted. in Valverde's case in Spain.
What would be interesting is what would happen if one of the Quintana brothers wins the Colombian national championships.

Full champ jersey I guess.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

staubsauger said:
Jakub said:
zoolander said:
observer said:
seems like it isn't.

_dsc0174_670.jpg

Movistar and its national championships jerseys history has always been a disgrace in Spain :(

OMG, this year's Movistar jersey is extremely ugly, it looks like the blob from Futurama has vomitted. in Valverde's case in Spain.
What would be interesting is what would happen if one of the Quintana brothers wins the Colombian national championships.

No way, forget it.

staubsauger said:
Jakub said:
zoolander said:
observer said:
seems like it isn't.

_dsc0174_670.jpg

Dayer might get one if he won but there's no way a rider of Nairo's status gets a full champs jersey at the moment.

I'm not a fashion designer, but I'd throw up my hands if asked to combine Valverde's trade team colours with the national flag on his jersey.
It's pretty much impossible. None of the colours match.
The designer probably closed his/her eyes and drew a sketch before letting others decide what to do.

Re:

GP Blanco said:
Unzué explains why his national champs jerseys are so boring, he wants to defend the interests of his sponsor. According to him these jerseys and the classification jerseys as well are a 'punishment' because there is less space for the team sponsor.

I would call this a b*llshit argument because there is enough space on these jerseys for the team sponsor.

http://www.ciclo21.com/en-casa-de-unzue-i/
That statement is pure AIDS & fail!

Well, we got a winner in the Lamest Excuse for Bad Jersey competition...
I bet he's glad Costa changed teams, could you imagine the "horrible punishment" of having the World Champion on your team? Being forced to have a rider wearing a non-regular team jersey for an entire year! :rolleyes:

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

GP Blanco said:
Unzué explains why his national champs jerseys are so boring, he wants to defend the interests of his sponsor. According to him these jerseys and the classification jerseys as well are a 'punishment' because there is less space for the team sponsor.

I would call this a b*llshit argument because there is enough space on these jerseys for the team sponsor.

http://www.ciclo21.com/en-casa-de-unzue-i/

Seems fair enough, imo. After all, it's not like Movistar send anyone with a chance of winning to the Spanish championships, and anyway they just sit at the back of the pack and refuse to control...oh, wait, no. That's literally the opposite of what they do.