• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 53 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

GP Blanco said:
Unzué explains why his national champs jerseys are so boring, he wants to defend the interests of his sponsor. According to him these jerseys and the classification jerseys as well are a 'punishment' because there is less space for the team sponsor.

I would call this a b*llshit argument because there is enough space on these jerseys for the team sponsor.

http://www.ciclo21.com/en-casa-de-unzue-i/
I guess that explains why Valverde seems happy with minor medals at Worlds :rolleyes:

Re:

Norbea said:
EBH complained and DD listened to the boss:
http://www.tv2.no/sport/8119799/
Interesting! Much better jersey, if not near prefect.

A small part from the article through google translate:
Norwegian Cycling Federation has worked actively to get changed Edvald champion jersey.

According to the International Cycling Union (UCI) regulations, national federations approve champion jersey, something they had not done with the previous jersey.
Didn't know the national federations have to approve the jersey. How do the spanish federation allow the terrible designs by Moivstar each year?

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

lemon cheese cake said:
Norbea said:

Norwegian Cycling Federation has worked actively to get changed Edvald champion jersey.

According to the International Cycling Union (UCI) regulations, national federations approve champion jersey, something they had not done with the previous jersey.
Didn't know the national federations have to approve the jersey. How do the spanish federation allow the terrible designs by Moivstar each year?

Moivstar is pretty much in charge of the Spanish federation so they most likely dont need any approval :D

Re: Re:

lemon cheese cake said:
Norbea said:

Because they are pussies unlike Belgium fed, when radioshack tried to create an abomination like they usually did for Devolder, Belgium fed refused that jersey and they had to make a decent jersey for him.

Never saw Axeon's nat champ jerseys before - really like them (Ireland + Latvia)

eddie-2-0bbb49916fe445b4a57fb897b73f63e5.jpg

krists-4-ca9ead59502866625fa2f984a4ff928b.jpg

Re:

MatParker117 said:
Tinkoff's Czech and Polish jersey are pathetic.

Yep, unfortunately, I had hoped to see some decent national champ jerseys in the peloton. I still remember when I got into cycling (or only TdF) around '04 and '05 where we had Botero, Vino, Ullrich, and also Basso a little earlier if I remember correctly. Landis '04 as well? I remember loving Vino's jersey, Telekom was completely beasting it with Klödi's and Ulle's jerseys as well.

(And yes Flo, I wasn't that old, just a lil kid who loved his mountains :D )

TRENDING THREADS