• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 65 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
staubsauger said:
Strawberry_Jams said:
Aru gone full tricolor! Beautiful. Nibali must be pissed he didn't get what he deserved
Apparently Aru is a true Sardinia. He told Astana he ain't gonna accept anything else but a tricolore champ jersey!
Surely then he'd want a quattro mori jersey
Aru would probably prefer that to the NC jersey, remember him with the Sardinian flag on the Vuelta podium? :D

Demare, Aru and Naesen with some very good jerseys. I especially like Aru's as I had hoped Astana would have gonna with a proper jersey and they did, its beautiful. Can't complain about the gorgerous Belgian NC jersey either. Cummings and Jesus Herrada on the other hand, frankly, they should go home, they are drunk.

GuyIncognito said:
RedheadDane said:
Now, Trek. I'm counting on you. Don't mess up!

Trek won a national? I don't remember that, who was it?

carolina said:
Ruben Guerreiro at least. The portuguese federation is very strict with the jersey, so they will not mess it up.

No, not Guerreiro. Well, he won too, but that's not what I'm talking about.
Look at my username, and it might give you a clue. ;)

RedheadDane said:
GuyIncognito said:
RedheadDane said:
Now, Trek. I'm counting on you. Don't mess up!

Trek won a national? I don't remember that, who was it?

carolina said:
Ruben Guerreiro at least. The portuguese federation is very strict with the jersey, so they will not mess it up.

No, not Guerreiro. Well, he won too, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Albania, there's a lot of red in that flag.

I guess it's the third part if you separate my username into three parts.

But yeah, Mads P's jersey is the one I'm the most "concerned" about.
Møllebro is gonna be great, coz she's on a Danish team, and is probably gonna get a design similar to the one Kamp had.
Toft Madsen is gonna be great, coz he's on a Danish team, and is probably gonna keep a design similar to his previous one.
Ludwig, well... is she even gonna wear it? She's got the Best Young Rider (year-long competition) jersey, and by quite a margin if I'm not mistaken. Though not sure what the rules are for those year-long competition jerseys...

*Update* I was right with Møllebro. Classical Scandinavian cross, as it should be.
Penton too.

(Unfortunately I don't know how to post photos from FB...)

Fus087 said:
RedheadDane said:
Mads P is riding for Trek, not Astana. :razz:

Hense why I told Trek not to mess up. :razz:

I... might secretly have been a little bit pleased that Valgren (and Breschel) missed out in the finale, so Astana wouldn't get a chance to mess up.

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I personally like the National Champs jerseys that are clearly visible from overhead/helicopter shots.

I thought the Luxembourg jersey Bob Jungels wore at the Giro looked great.

Re:

Strawberry_Jams said:
DDgRiHYXkAEnbea.jpg

I don't think anyone can complain about minor details with shorts when you have Sunweb to compare with.

I don't know why I'm sharing my thoughts about a rider's kit with a bunch of strangers (I must be lonely), but Aru is sporting one hell of a jersey.
Top notch, 10 out of 10.
Best ever.

Re:

Katabatic said:
I personally like the National Champs jerseys that are clearly visible from overhead/helicopter shots.

I thought the Luxembourg jersey Bob Jungels wore at the Giro looked great.

This. I thought that was the purpose of National Champ Jersey; to allow viewers to see that a person is national champion.
And of course to give the rider the bragging rights of having a special jersey.

TRENDING THREADS