• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Now for horrible ones (limiting myself to non-Movistar and non-Radioshack. For the record, the old Movistar Spanish kit was even worse than the current one).

2823420416_20156cf016_z.jpg

What jersey is that?!?

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Lol, you just annoyed a whole bunch of Scots and Welsh! If they did separate champs' jerseys for England, Scotland and Wales the jerseys would probably ALL be way better than the British one though.

There are jerseys for each region too. e.g, West Midlands, Yorkshire, Scotland Wales.....i.e are awarded when the regional champs take place - usually at the end of May

Here's our Nicole with the Welsh version

20090402_nicole_MaxG103_x10.jpg

and Scottish...
Scottish-RR-Champs-2012-MLW_4451.jpg

Andy99 said:
Agreed. (although its British Champ, not English);)

Its time there was a re-think as the jersey really has no British identity whatsoever. Although historically, our track and field athletes etc have worn the same jersey (no idea why).
Yeah, sorry, I'm in Euro 2012 mode :eek:

These are the coulors of the Union Jack, of course. But why not just use the actual flag?

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
those saxo jerseys were cool. Cancellara, Breschel, Schleck
i also loved Pozzato's initial national jersey with the Kremlin outline and the light colours. i've just read that the Italian Federation wasn't happy with that and that's why they have changed the design.

but wow. Hamilton. Rock Racing. that's amazing. heinous..

edit: Matthew Busche's jersey starting to look good all of a sudden

will10 said:
WORST

stage1_valverde.jpg

Alejandro Valverde, Spain

Blink and you'll miss it! The RSN and Movistar jerseys are bad, but at least there is some sort of clear, if rather bad, indication of championness. This... I can't see it!

MrRoboto said:
I really liked Hushovd's Cervelo-jersey.
DzEgIu85BbTUclBwIwdJRw5BHq5KBnPJ4YDl9E2xfpFw.jpg

Classic Scandinavian with the flag tilted so the cross looks like it would if the flag was hanging in one end. I like it!

DominicDecoco said:

Again, classic Scandinavian, and I've always liked this way of covering the entire kit with the flag.

Libertine Seguros said:

What? No! Seriously! Whaaaaaaaaaaaat???

Good:

images

Bad:

2012_criterium_du_dauphine_prologue_edvald_boasson_hagen_sky2a.jpg

I am praying that Sky makes his Edvald's new RR-jersey like the one on top but I feel confident they will ruin it and make it like the ITT-suit he used this year.

From the pics that have been posted I must say Cancellara's is my favourite.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
slowoldman said:
Levi's was the worst kit.

Tyler's isn't a national kit. Rock Racing rode Philly in those kits. The whole team wore that ridiculous get up.

No, I think the stars and stripes inside the chevron are to indicate he was the US champ.

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I reckon the British Jersey may be a bit bland but it works well as part of the team sky team with the white jersey a real contrast to the dark team kit (though would love to see a proper union jack, and we hardly saw it this year with bradley in yellow so often!). The same goes for when christian knees was german champ.

Looking forward to seeing EBHs kit at TdF

BradleyWigginsRomandie_2755753.jpg

220px-Christian_Knees_CD_2011.jpg

TRENDING THREADS