• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe nobody posted Voeckler.
250px-Thomas_Voeckler_KBK_2011.jpg

I wonder if the French federation has some kind of rules, because they always seem to be the same.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
The_Z_man said:
I can't believe nobody posted Voeckler.
250px-Thomas_Voeckler_KBK_2011.jpg

I wonder if the French federation has some kind of rules, because they always seem to be the same.

Well, most of the French winners have been on French teams. I think for the French, the national jersey is quite important, so when a team has it, they are very keen to show it off. The only non-French team that's had it recently is QS with Chavanel, and they're usually quite "respectful" of the national jerseys too.

Here's my favourite British cyclist modelling my favourite British champion's kit:

07_07_10_GironDonne_06_Stage6_1010.jpg

I also really liked this iteration of the Italian kit, which makes the Movistar one seem even more chronic:

gio_photoscanferla_1045_600.jpg

But while the Caisse d'Epargne carbon colours made for an awesome Spanish jersey, the effect was nothing like as impressive with the French:

Victoire-de-Florent-Brard.jpg

El Pistolero said:
That one picture is a little bit too big Parrulo.

I agree with you on Mimo's jersey, loved that one! Disappointed he didn't defend his title.

yup that's why i removed it.

i always wondered how a full flag portuguese jersey would look like with a green top and red bottom with the shield in the middle with a decent size and not the little one they use with the traditional design

Portugal%20escudo1.gif

Parrulo said:
yup that's why i removed it.

i always wondered how a full flag portuguese jersey would look like with a green top and red bottom with the shield in the middle with a decent size and not the little one they use with the traditional design

Portugal%20escudo1.gif

Like this:

Tiago+Machado+TT+Sarthre+2010.jpg

That's why they go with the white jersey with the national bands. Far classier than this fugly affair.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I hate it when they have matching shorts for road jerseys. Phil's outfit would've looked a lot better with black shorts. I hope Boonen has black shorts again and the matching helm.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
the fact that they didn't use the proper green which is stronger isn't helping there and the shield on that jersey is too small. black shorts would also be helpful probably

Yeah, but it's a skinsuit though.