• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best day of 2013?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Best racing in 2013?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
When is his ban over again? :eek:

2024, assuming the 12 year one is the current one. Which would put him at only about 40 years old when he would be able to come back. :eek: He could definitely be the next Horner! And of course Horner will still be around by then, I look forward to an epic duel! :D

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to say that after all 2013 the only day that i truly remember is Kirienka win on Pena Cabarga. 50km solo win, in a GT, finished on such a climb ?! hell yeah. Nothing come close as individual effort for me.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tonton said:
Of course I'm biased :) but Riblon hanging in there, then coming back on the slopes of l'Alpe d'Huez, attacking and dropping TVG, that was epic. What a win!

I agree. Didn't he also crash on a descend? That was one of the most entertaining breakaways I have ever seen.

And Angliru, great racing by Nibali, a couple of times I almost thought he had Horner on the ropes, but he always came back and in the end even dropped the Italian. While this epic battle is going on you're just praying for this tiny frenchman to make it to the line first but no one knows where he's at because images are so bad and there are no time checks... certainly added to the suspense!

EnacheV said:
Just wanted to say that after all 2013 the only day that i truly remember is Kirienka win on Pena Cabarga. 50km solo win, in a GT, finished on such a climb ?! hell yeah. Nothing come close as individual effort for me.
That was a very good showing and well earned. I liked that win, along with Adam Hansen in the rain at the Giro and Christoph Riblon's gutsy win on the Alpe at the Tour.

Sure, the Alpe x2 stage was overhyped like nothing else, but it was a great win.

TRENDING THREADS