• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best day of 2013?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Best racing in 2013?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I voted PR- it kept you on the edge of your seat.
LBL and RVV were also great/ did the same.
I liked Riblons' win the most out of all the TDF stages/ stage 9 should also be considered. Surprised at the little votes for stage 13 (because everyone still talks about it).
Vuelta stage 20 :)

For one week stage races TA stage 6 and ToR when Spilak beat Froome seemed good.

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
too many this year

voted the echelons stage though...100 kms where i couldn't even go to toilet forget snack, lemonade from the fridge or others

This said it for me too. Cav getting across and Sky missing the vital split, epic. Cance RVV/ PR double, Panzerwagons Vuelta solo had me standing shouting at the screen. The maillot jaune destroying everyone on Ventoux, jaw dropping even extraordinary. Dan Martin LBL brilliant, a lot of great racing this year.

Of course I'm biased :) but Riblon hanging in there, then coming back on the slopes of l'Alpe d'Huez, attacking and dropping TVG, that was epic. What a win!

I voted for the echelon on stage 13, because that was a great display of team racing smart.

Netserk said:
What?!?

RVV this year was one of the worst edition :O

:eek: What are you talking about? It was not. I did enjoy seeing Cance drop Sagan and Roelandts better than P-R were i was cheering for Vanmarcke near the end.

I understand the race ''itself'' was not the best but the finale was verrry gooood imo.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
BigMac said:
I understand the race ''itself'' was not the best but the finale was verrry gooood imo.

It was exciting for exactly 10 kms. Between the moment Canc attacked on the Kwaremont until he dropped Sagan on the Pater.

PR was exciting from more than 50 kms out, with several dark horses attacking and dramatic turns all over the place. And of course the suspense until the last 100m makes it much better than the Ronde and most other races this season.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Being utterly biased...

Martyn Irvine's Scratch Race at the World Track ;-)...

More seriously.

5. Angliru, for Nibali
4. Stage 4 Catalunya - Port Aine - Dan Martin holding 'em off for stage and race
3. Stage 7 - giro - Pescara - just watching the reigning tour champion fall apart in the rain was mesmerising
2. Ventoux, TdF. Skyhaters won't accept it, but it was an absolute classic of it's type (unlike the Alpe, truth be told), and aside from froome's win, more interestingly to me marked the incontravertible arrival of Quintana. True Climax of the tour.
1. Stage 9 TdF. Script torn to pieces by audacity alone. Fab racing. Some got annoyed that in the end Froome hung on - that was movistars fault, but as a day of carnage it was hard to beat - riders falling over cliffs, porte blown to pieces, several Quintan attacks on the final climb, and Dan Martin duking the sprint - even the wind stage wasn't really as savage.

Vino attacks everyone said:
For Ricco it is today

riccardo riccò ‏@riccardo_ricco 23. okt
Finalmente ho sposato la mia innorata 20/10/2013

and btw. She is hot!

ricky is in excellent shape. i'd almost sell a kidney to see him back in action...slaughtering team sky when the road goes uphill...that would be gorgeous and an act of god

BXQJYR5IYAA3E7U.jpg

the lunatic has as a target for 2014 to beat mayo's record on ventoux:p forzza cobraaa!

TRENDING THREADS