• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best monument of the year

Which was the best monument of the year

• Tour d'Almaty (Vino option)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Who cares?! Anyway, I only watch the TdF. (Instant ban option)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • l'Enfer du Nord

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • La Doyenne

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • La Classica Delle Foglie Morte

Votes: 48 58.5%
  • WCRR (I know, no monument, but still)

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Vlaanderens Mooiste

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • La Primavera

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
fauniera said:
1. Lombardia
2. Ronde
3. Roubaix
4. Doyenne
5. Worlds
6. San Remo
I'd probably have worlds above LBL, but other than that it would also be my list. Overall it wasn't a great year, the Ronde and Roubaix were disappointing, especially Roubaix, I always have very high expectations when it comes to Roubaix.

Voting one day after a (great) race while most of the others took place months ago usually leads to biased results, but there's really no contest here.

I agree with Fauniera's list except switch Worlds and Liège.

edit: one of the days I'll make a topic and poll of the best race day of 2015.

I'm getting old, so it's hard to remember those races from the beginning of the season. PR is generally my favourite, but due to the headwind was below average this year. Lombardia had a great course and attacks from classy riders from relatively far out. So for me that was the best monument of the year.

Apart from that G-W was my favourite race of the season for racing.

Ghent Wevelgem was THE absolute best race this year.

NO discussion for those who watched the whole thing starting from approx 130-140K to go.

Unbelievable this one wasn't included. It was a once-in-a-lifetime race regarding the wind, weather and the finale.

Re:

Volderke said:
Ghent Wevelgem was THE absolute best race this year.

NO discussion for those who watched the whole thing starting from approx 130-140K to go.

Unbelievable this one wasn't included. It was a once-in-a-lifetime race regarding the wind, weather and the finale.

Well, it's not a monument. But of course it was the best race of the year. Maybe the best of the decade.