• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best Riders Without Contract For 2014?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
JRanton said:
It is true though that Riis didn't deny that some riders would be taking pay cuts. It wouldn't surprise me if Saxo Bank agreed to make up a significant part of the short fall and then the rest needs to come from salary savings/new sponsors.

Well that's not what the team or sponsor are saying, and the source for the speculation re cuts has a predictive accuracy of about 0% and are known for being full of BS. The sponsor on the otherhand has allways been frank and forward without giving specific figures. The budget is the same as last year.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else feel if someone signed up all the best riders currently without teams for next year that it'd be a stronger team than some of the weaker WT teams?

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Tebow............................

Does he also Tebow after winning races?

tebowing.png

It would make an awkward victory salute, but somehow still preferable to pistolero.

Pippo_San said:
The best rider of 2013, Papy Horner, still without contract.
Shame on the pro cycling world!!!

wants a cool million or so, his points are also worthless and his age is a big negative. Only thing I could have seen is a team keen to get into vuelta but they wouldnt have enough to pay him

Orbit501 said:
Oops, just seen this thread after I posted a Vacansoleil thread enquiring after Grega Bole and Tomasz Marczyński.

Anyone any ideas on these two?

Bole will either ride for Adria Mobil (Slovenian CT) or end career. Marczyński was rumoured to join either Wanty or ActiveJet but there were no further news in the last few weeks.

Wallenquist said:
Bole will either ride for Adria Mobil (Slovenian CT) or end career. Marczyński was rumoured to join either Wanty or ActiveJet but there were no further news in the last few weeks.

Ok, thanks. I see several of the Vacansoleil riders have already gone to Wanty.
I'll watch with interest to see what happens next for these two.

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Orbit501 said:
Oops, just seen this thread after I posted a Vacansoleil thread enquiring after Grega Bole and Tomasz Marczyński.

Anyone any ideas on these two?

According to the Bole's tweet he doesn't have a team for this season, but he is still training...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Julien El Farès is currently raising funds to be able to join a top team, paying his own salary. After the collapse of the Sojasun team, the native of Manosque has not been able to find a new team. If I am not mistaken Thomas Rohregger used to have the same approach, he got his salary paid by Tirol Tourism.

"Many first and second division teams are facing budgetary problems. To respond to this problem, I wish to bring in my own budget to allow me to race at the highest level in 2014. I have several teams that are interested in this solution. I have already done 50% of the work".

http://cyclismactu.net/news-2014-j-el-fares-apporter-moi-meme-un-budget-37724.html

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Chris Horner

a Rumor surfaced this morning in the Danish newspapers that he was some minutiae (mainly argeeing with some sponsors about what to do off the bike or something) away from argeeing with the Continental team, Christina Watches (Michael Rasmussens team)