• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best Road Cycling Twitter Riders/Insiders

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
This one might be a bit controversial, but I follow @ThomasFrei because he's posting the details of every training ride he does while waiting for his ban to lift. @MarcoPinotti is usually pretty honest, and if you follow the Team Sky guys, you can see them banter back & forth.

For non-riders it kind of depends how much drama you want to get involved in. A lot of people have "lists" made for cycling, so you might want to try a few of them and decide which people from the list interest you.

@lacambramanel - Diadora-Pasta Zara DS, often tweets race updates from mid-race. An invaluable source in the smaller races.
@MovistarTeam similarly offer regular race status updates - not just on their own riders, unlike some teams - which is very good in smaller events with no TV presence.
@MarcoPinotti is good for some honesty
@danilodiluca is sadly not updated anymore. It was an absolute comedy goldmine. I presume it wasn't really Danilo posting it, but having seen @Pozzato_Ego, I can't be certain.

Great stuff guys.
Cancellara @f_cancellara is definitely a must.
I agree @marcopinotti is short and to the point #honesty

Some of the low-key guys I follow which have occasional insider views:
@Roman86_K - Roman Kreuziger
@laurenstendam - Laurens ten Dam
@andykloedi - Andreas Klöden
@eki_ekimov - Viatcheslav Ekimov

Jul 25, 2010
twitter.com
My favourites at the moment:

@MarkCavendish
@KathrynBertine - Posts some interesting articles. Late 30's female trying to qualify for the 2012 olympics.
@neilroad - Not quite sure who he is, but I find him to be very amusing.
@tvangarderen88 - speaks his mind.
@taylorphinney
@RobbieHunter

I follow loads. I think most riders & teams are on there somewhere. Once you start following one, its very easy to find loads as they all tend to follow each other.

The Hitch said:
Sounds good. Do you remember any of the comedy?

my favourites were:

On the day his positive samples from the Giro were announced, something along the lines of "The diLuca is innocent, I will clear my name", followed by "I would have to be without a brain to use CERA because of how long it stays in the system"

This wouldn't be so comedy were it not for soon afterward:

On the day his positive B sample was announced, he tweeted ":("

Another favourite was on the day Evans punctured in the Giro, the tweet was "you think you have mala fortuna, Cadel? Try feeling the weight of a conspiracy of your countrymen against you"

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
@lancearmstrong - It's Lance and he showed me twitter
@mcewenrobbie - clear speach, good jokes
@dzabriskie - always good for a laugh
@manuelquinziato - music expert, dolce vita
@Vaughters - mostly substance
@grahamwatson10 - he often knows/tweets things first, good infos, nice pictures

And not to forget
@TheSlyStallone
Epic! But he somehow forgot twitter :eek:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
http://twitter.com/#!/Pozzato_Ego

^ A complete and utter goldmine of comedy. Almost as good as Di Luca's. Almost.

Twitter has got to be the only place where more people are following Pozzato than vice versa.

Ps: What does ego mean in Italian? Same as the English? I've seen more Italian cyclists use the word ego behind their name on twitter. They're all show-ponies though, so nothing surprises me of the Italian cyclists.

El Pistolero said:
http://twitter.com/#!/Pozzato_Ego

^ A complete and utter goldmine of comedy. Almost as good as Di Luca's. Almost.

Twitter has got to be the only place where more people are following Pozzato than vice versa.

Ps: What does ego mean in Italian? Same as the English? I've seen more Italian cyclists use the word ego behind their name on twitter. They're all show-ponies though, so nothing surprises me of the Italian cyclists.
It has _Ego in the name and the language used is stereotypical, phonetic Italian English? Sounds legit.

A

Anonymous

hrotha said:
It has _Ego in the name and the language used is stereotypical, phonetic Italian English? Sounds legit.

Im pretty sure its spOof. Was discussed about a year ago in some circles. cant remember,

TRENDING THREADS