• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

best / worst moments of the 2009 TDF

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Best was George H last K of the last stage , attacking the Garmin leadout train,
Took control of the arrow and won Cav the stage!

Worst was the second week- ALL of it.

yours?

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
My favorite moment was when Brice Feillu won on Arcalis, worst was when Armstrong accused Contador of 'not sticking to the plan', which was kind of exemplary for their relation.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Jonathan said:
My favorite moment was when Brice Feillu won on Arcalis.

for me (although i enjoyed felliu's win) this stage on a whole, along with the TTT was the most dissapointing, it was like a slap to the face, we already knew the winner at this point.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
My favorite moment was when Astroloza won his stage!! Can you say excited!! I hope I spelled his name correctly.

My worst moment was when Kenny van Hummel crashed and was out of the race!! I hope to see him next year!!!!

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Favorite moment had to be when the Schlecks were attacking Alberto non stop on the climb. Was just good racing!

Worse moment when they announced Lance was going to race and supposedly going to be a team rider!

Best (tied): Verbier. Armstrong getting interviewed with red eyes after he had clearly been crying like a little schoolgirl. That image will keep me warm when I ride my bike in december.

Best (tied): nicki Sørensen winning a stage.

Worst: Jens! crashing. That was just hideous and I feared the worst.

B.Rasmussen said:
Best (tied): Verbier. Armstrong getting interviewed with red eyes after he had clearly been crying like a little schoolgirl. That image will keep me warm when I ride my bike in december.

Best (tied): nicki Sørensen winning a stage.

Worst: Jens! crashing. That was just hideous and I feared the worst.

I have to say Verbier, partly for the reason noted above, but also for how effortlessly Contador rode away from the group. It's the only clip I have from the Tour saved on my DVR. :D

Worst: Watching Jens crash. That was just terrible.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Best Moment: Phil Liggit saying "Look. He is talking on the telephone."
Worst: Contador with his mind-numbingly dumb pistol jesters, and 2 finger champ salute with matching hat. He is probably working on marketing the crap now.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, can't bring it down to just one

Best:
Finish of last stage when Hincapie made the Garmin boys look really really stupid
LA missing yellow after TTT - I would have hated it
Stage to "Le Grand Bonard" with the Schlecks attacking

Worst

Jens Voigts crash
Armstrong's stupid comments about "not sticking to the plan"

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Best - Thor Hushovd attacking on Stage 18 - that was a class ride. He even gave Sastre a little shovve off the front when they hit the next climb.

Worst - Jens Voight's nasty crash...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Best (tied): Thor's mountain antics and Astroloza's stage win (although also enjoyed Voekler, Filieu and Haussler's wins, and Contador-Andy Schleck duel)

Worst (tied): Astana public infighting, TdF course, TTT effect on the overall, Jens's crash, and Kenny van Hummel crashing out of the TdF.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Best Honorable Mention - any appearance by the Podium girls. Paricularly the ones in the black cocktail dresses

Worst - LA and AC sniping at each other. Twitters etc. ughhh too much like reality TV

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
This tour had quite a few good moments in it,, although one I liked a lot was contadors attack in andorra, there was a good video shot of it and his acceleration was very impressive and he goes flying past the guy on the front, and he looks like he had no idea what happened, I think this was a clever move from alberto too.

Worst thing was the other sprinters(not cavendish and Thor), they would have lost anyway but it was like they had surrendered before it started, boonen especially was terrible, it is a shame.

TRENDING THREADS