• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Better than EPO?

Going the all natural method:D Bit like this link that i posted a month or two back. Scroll all the way down and read the last part:

some website that knows their stuff about PED's said:
Lastly, use mustard?

Athletes turned off by the latest biotech breakthroughs can try this recipe: Strip down and rub mustard oil all over your body.

While exploring the role skin plays in the production of red blood cells, Randy Johnson's team of researchers at UC San Diego found that rubbing mustard oil on mice caused spikes in natural EPO production, and that led to increased red blood cell levels.

It's unclear how much mustard oil a human athlete would need to enhance performance, or how much mustard oil could lead to strokes and heart attacks.

With all the crazy, complicated doping schemes out there could the journey to the top of the podium simply require a trip to the grocery store?

Just image rolling up to the start of a race and some guy reeks of mustard. LOL

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
It has been known for years, Dr Jones from Exeter read about years ago.
My Granny used it to cleanse and boost the blood cycling racing fell running and long distance running after coming back from Russia after the war.
Not new but worth a look.
Just watch it on your white shorts or yellow jersey, they have been stained enough recently...................
Does darken yer st++l

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
The future is genetic drugs that manipulate DNA. It's going to blow away EPO, and be virtually undetectable unfortunately. I think we are a good 20+ years away from that, so enjoy your endurance sports until then.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The Executioner said:
The future is genetic drugs that manipulate DNA. It's going to blow away EPO, and be virtually undetectable unfortunately. I think we are a good 20+ years away from that, so enjoy your endurance sports until then.

DNA passport at the jr level should make it easy to find out who is cooking theirs.

scribe said:
DNA passport at the jr level should make it easy to find out who is cooking theirs.
But guarantees that I'm not messing with the DNA of my unborns now? I know pretty well what made me fast, and what held me back. Some shorter limbs, and less astma, that would make me quite irritatingly quick.

A

Anonymous

my only worry about the test...

After drinking beetroot juice the group was able to cycle for an average of 11.25 minutes - 92 seconds longer than when they were given the placebo.

11 minutes.. is that it.. who the hell where these unfit idiots they tested on who could only cycle for 11 minutes..

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
my only worry about the test...

After drinking beetroot juice the group was able to cycle for an average of 11.25 minutes - 92 seconds longer than when they were given the placebo.

11 minutes.. is that it.. who the hell where these unfit idiots they tested on who could only cycle for 11 minutes..

Yeah. They sorta omitted that info. See, you have to have a body fat percentage of 30% or higher and weigh at least 240 lbs. Your cholesterol has to be at least 280 or higher.

But if you meet the criteria this can get you to the next level. Pretty soon they will be riding for 15 minutes...

A

Anonymous

BanProCycling said:
No I don't think that's how it worked. It says they were test a number of tests on the excersize bike. I presume this particular one was a set distance they had to achieve.

i think they where just overweight, unfit, and the fact that they had actually had a vegetable pass their lips meant they could cycle for 11 minutes

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Its only early days for the research but I can see it eventually becoming a pill form and athletes chowing down on them. (Can't see myself drinking upwards of 500ml of beetroot juice daily for the whole season)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
May 15, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
Its only early days for the research but I can see it eventually becoming a pill form and athletes chowing down on them. (Can't see myself drinking upwards of 500ml of beetroot juice daily for the whole season)

I'm pretty sure I saw beetroot supplements aimed specifically at cyclists a few years ago.

But in any case you can get them at health food shops etc as I believe it's also good for people with high blood pressure.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Isn't that a vegetable so it's not cheating to eat/drink it. it's like saying pasta is a performing enhancing drug because it gives you lots of carbs and therefore have more energy.

Don't you have a sense of humour??? :)

TRENDING THREADS