• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Black Spoke

New thread from unfamiliar poster is not spam shock!
Forum readers gather in disbelief
The readership of an online cycling news discussion group, Cycling News Forum, were united in amazement this morning as a new thread, started by someone outside the small number of frequent posters, was revealed on closer inspection to be genuine cycling related discussion, and not a spam attack. Forum member Armchair Cyclist (59), of Essex, said, "I gave the post a closer inspection and found it to be a prompt for genuine cycling related discussion, and not a spam attack."

Key contributors to the site are rumoured to be gathering in the tallest building in Aarhus to discuss the implications of this development. Administrators are thought unlikely to make public comment, but are believed to be monitoring the precedent closely.

Are you effected by the unexpected appearance of non-spam content on your favourite cycling related forums? Are you unsure why links in the above post are not trying to sell you something?
If so, try keeping it to yourself and not derailing this thread about Black Spoke Pro Cycling any further...

Ah, my beloved Black Spoke. New Zealand Cycling is giving it their best effort to downplay cycling in NZ, but thanks to a few humble individuals there's a solid structure for Kiwi Cycling to really get to the next level. The visionary that is Scott Guyton and the funds of Murray Bolton with Black Spoke, and the applaudable works of Brad Tilby and Scott Fairburn amongst others with Fruzio means New Zealand really can be a great force in the sport in general. The likes of Robert Stannard, Corbin Strong, Finn Fisher-Black, Reuben Thompson, Laurence Pithie, even Lewis Bower right now all had to hope and pray for Europe to give them a chance (or take on the Australian nationalty) to go pro. Jack Carswell, a really talented kid, completely vanished from the map. Well, no more.

I fear Benjamin Thomas is just a bit too close in the standings and a bit too good, but if, with some luck, Aaron Gate, who is a really decent TT'er, could do a wonder today, it could be Black Spoke's 3rd >2.1 GC win of the year. Outrageous for a CT team.

Ah, my beloved Black Spoke. New Zealand Cycling is giving it their best effort to downplay cycling in NZ, but thanks to a few humble individuals there's a solid structure for Kiwi Cycling to really get to the next level. The visionary that is Scott Guyton and the funds of Murray Bolton with Black Spoke, and the applaudable works of Brad Tilby and Scott Fairburn amongst others with Fruzio means New Zealand really can be a great force in the sport in general. The likes of Robert Stannard, Corbin Strong, Finn Fisher-Black, Reuben Thompson, Laurence Pithie, even Lewis Bower right now all had to hope and pray for Europe to give them a chance (or take on the Australian nationalty) to go pro. Jack Carswell, a really talented kid, completely vanished from the map. Well, no more.

I fear Benjamin Thomas is just a bit too close in the standings and a bit too good, but if, with some luck, Aaron Gate, who is a really decent TT'er, could do a wonder today, it could be Black Spoke's 3rd >2.1 GC win of the year. Outrageous for a CT team.

AAron Gate seems have good sprint on him as well say his gun track ability helps a lot.

New thread from unfamiliar poster is not spam shock!
Forum readers gather in disbelief
The readership of an online cycling news discussion group, Cycling News Forum, were united in amazement this morning as a new thread, started by someone outside the small number of frequent posters, was revealed on closer inspection to be genuine cycling related discussion, and not a spam attack. Forum member Armchair Cyclist (59), of Essex, said, "I gave the post a closer inspection and found it to be a prompt for genuine cycling related discussion, and not a spam attack."

Key contributors to the site are rumoured to be gathering in the tallest building in Aarhus to discuss the implications of this development. Administrators are thought unlikely to make public comment, but are believed to be monitoring the precedent closely.

Are you effected by the unexpected appearance of non-spam content on your favourite cycling related forums? Are you unsure why links in the above post are not trying to sell you something?
If so, try keeping it to yourself and not derailing this thread about Black Spoke Pro Cycling any further...

Had abit of a break guys, but been watching cycling all the ways through. What great story to come back on Black Spoke wining races all over the show. With basically 95% NZ squad.

Going be interesting who else going get from NZ cycling ranks if some WT drop and got Kiwi riders on them.
A lot will depend on funds, Israel will drop down but you’d assume a rider like Corbin Strong will get paid more if he stays with them than moving to a team like Black Spoke. I like the idea of them fostering up and coming NZ talent at a pro conti level, could even throw some Aussie talent from the local scene into the mix.

A lot will depend on funds, Israel will drop down but you’d assume a rider like Corbin Strong will get paid more if he stays with them than moving to a team like Black Spoke. I like the idea of them fostering up and coming NZ talent at a pro conti level, could even throw some Aussie talent from the local scene into the mix.

Pretty sure Corbin Strong on a two year contract as well. So he be staying put, since be unlikely pay a transfer fee.

Wonder if Jack Bauer or Tom Sully be targets for them.

They’re doing pretty well with the current squad they have.
Almost 90% of their points came from Aaron Gate, and their results at Oceania championships and NZ Cycle Classic, where their only competition were Australian NRS teams.

They have a small core of guys who are Pro Conti (especially Gate) but urgently need reinforcements for a European season or they'll have results similar to Drapac

Reactions: yaco and Sandisfan
Almost 90% of their points came from Aaron Gate, and their results at Oceania championships and NZ Cycle Classic, where their only competition were Australian NRS teams.

They have a small core of guys who are Pro Conti (especially Gate) but urgently need reinforcements for a European season or they'll have results similar to Drapac
I don’t disagree but would like them to keep the core of the squad as NZ riders.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS