• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Blanco-Belkin

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
That's all very well, but it's the riders who make the team. I don't understand why they're letting Slagter go. That team has a history in the last few years of letting their biggest talents (Van Garderen, Rohan Dennis, Van Baarle, Daan Olivier) slip away.

Any idea why the'll let slagter go? (and where will he go?)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
staubsauger said:
They sould sign Stuyven or has he already signed elsewhere?

Hasn't signed with anyone yet as far as I know, probably has multiple offers to consider. I know Sky is interested in him though.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
He wants more $$$. He has joined the Berkhout brothers management, which means he'll go to either Garmin, Greenedge, or Argos.

Still bemused as why GreenEdge wants him. It's not like they have zero puncheurs in team.. Argos could be a good option in terms of leadership opportunities for him.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
The TDU is a big race in Australia, apparently.

And Greenedge can use the WT points.

So every winner of TdU has to join GreenEdge next year? :eek: :D

Thats true about WT points, forgot about that and Slagter does indeed has many handy points.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I reckon they should sign Wiggo lol, show Gesink the ropes to win a GT take him down some descends and Gesink will be a changed man watch.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
He wants more $$$. He has joined the Berkhout brothers management, which means he'll go to either Garmin, Greenedge, or Argos.

Thanks for the info. I guess Garmin wouldn't be a bad place to go. Although it hasn't worked out for TD (yet), he might get some good opportunities to showcase his talents.

TANK91 said:
I reckon they should sign Wiggo lol, show Gesink the ropes to win a GT take him down some descends and Gesink will be a changed man watch.

lolwut. U no see Giro?

Bala Verde said:
Thanks for the info. I guess Garmin wouldn't be a bad place to go. Although it hasn't worked out for TD (yet), he might get some good opportunities to showcase his talents.
Yeah. Although I don't really see how that team would be better for him, apart from financially... and that's strange anyway, because Vaughters is always complaining about how he lacks the dough, and suddenly they're able to pay more than Belkin/Blanco?

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Sarcasm my friend, clearly joking lol.

Hey do you guys think its wrong LU LU has not been selected, I have always like Rabo/Blanco/Belkin, I even stuck up for Gesink after the Giro I just think it is well OTT to leave him out he saved their TDF last year. He is like Voeckler a banker for 1 stage win.

Spotted on the roads of Holland.

BNgYkkTCIAA-ePW.jpg:large

TRENDING THREADS