• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Blessed Reunion of Saints

It's a beautiful thing, I'm glad to see the new, clean incarnations at the top again ;)

General classification after stage 2

1 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Astana 5:03:00
2 Riccardo Ricco' (Ita) Ceramica Flaminia 0:00:26
3 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:00:29
4 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 0:00:37

Willy_Voet said:
It's a beautiful thing, I'm glad to see the new, clean incarnations at the top again ;)

That is freakin' hilarious. It looks like the top of the TdF standings from a few years ago.

Good thing all the riders who were lucky enough not to get caught decided to stop doping so that these four could resume where they left off.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Just chuckled and told my boss, his response, well the sport is clean now, noone is less likely to dope than someone who has already been caught once.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The sport is much cleaner these days

4aca15fb5573fMcQuaid%20CORVOS_00010247-01.jpg

"The days of despair and hardship are over. Today begins a new order. All of Europe will tremble as the UCI takes its rightful place as ruler of the cycling! The time for victory is upon us. We will build a new world, a better world, a UCI world! We will emerge as the dominate ruler of sport."

1185199818.jpg

Willy_Voet said:

If you're planning on racing clean, why exactly would you return to the sport?!?
It would make ZERO economic sense.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I figured what it was about when I read the title.

Oh well, what can you say. Is that how the Giro will play out? (not that it was better last year with DDL, and who knows** what Menchov was on).

(** that would likely be the Austrians).

Cobblestones said:
Yeah, I figured what it was about when I read the title.

Oh well, what can you say. Is that how the Giro will play out? (not that it was better last year with DDL, and who knows** what Menchov was on).

(** that would likely be the Austrians).

Well, if the Austrians know, then we know it was blood :)

TRENDING THREADS