• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

BMC in disarray?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Where were Gilbert and Thor last year at the Omloop?

If they don't perform at the Monuments then you can make this thread. Keep in mind that with Valverde back Gilbert will have a harder time for the hilly classics. But I'm confident they will perform at Roubaix and the hilly classics.

El Pistolero said:
Where were Gilbert and Thor last year at the Omloop?

If they don't perform at the Monuments then you can make this thread. Keep in mind that with Valverde back Gilbert will have a harder time for the hilly classics. But I'm confident they will perform at Roubaix and the hilly classics.

Fair point. The body language was all wrong today. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but there's doesn't appear to the "unity" that say Garmin has.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
:S bit harsh... thor was not on form today, but bmc had a rider(former world champ) in the decisive group(untill he was dropped) then they brought the peloton back to within a close distance of the winners... they were ok today.

Well, it's just the first classic of the season and they got a top 5. Honestly I hadn't expected Hushovd to be anywhere near the front as he doesn't have much form at the moment, so him just being there is a good sign for things to come.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
People tend to forget they're mostly a super team in the more hilly classics. So it's definitely too early for guys like Gilbert, GVA and Cadel Evans to be anywhere near their peak form. It's a different story for guys who take a break after Paris-Roubaix... You know, guys like Vanmarcke, Boonen, Flecha...

Andy99 said:
At least we saw them.

Where were greenedge? Their squad is built around this kind or race :confused:

Nah it isn't.

They have 1 reasonable cobbles rider.

They have 1 reasonable hilly rider.

They have 1 decent sprinter.

They have another 20 odd riders there to fulfill the technical requirements of entering races, on behalf of the 3.

The approach would have more merit if any of the 3 were special.

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
To many stars in one team?
No tactics?
Not training hard enough thinking wins are forgone conclusion?

Today they were bad. Early days but I didn't like what I saw or heard post race.

Gotta admit, I got mixed feelings while watching that short interview with Thor at the team bus after the race.

Don't wanna jump to a conclusion this early in the season, though.

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Bit too early indeed to start criticizing BMC. Still, they didn't impress me at all today, especially Hushovd.
But the results now doesn't matter that much, you won't hear anything of criticism if they win 2 or 3 Monuments in April. So, let's wait and see how it turns out.

BikeTourist said:
Gotta admit, I got mixed feelings while watching that short interview with Thor at the team bus after the race.

Don't wanna jump to a conclusion this early in the season, though.

The guy has 10 fingers an I'm fairly sure by Tour time he would have pointed all of them at everyone but himself.

TRENDING THREADS