• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

BMC Soigneur caught with 195 does of EPO

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I think they were only able to charge/arrest him this week. At least that's how I read the translations.

I assume that's ostensibly true, but it's astonishing how often arrests and charges have to be delayed until just before the Tour.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
TexPat said:
Actually, maybe Sven really does need EPO. A soigneur's job is tough and physically demanding. Boosting the hemo would make scrubbing chamois and making sammies so much easier. Now there's a good application of a PED if I ever saw one.

In the old days they would get the mechanic to pee in the bottle for them untill a few started showing positive its a big job on the tour 18 hours a day. they need steroids to keep going

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
WTF!!

Something has to be done. With soigneurs and ex-riders being caught with dope, riders are definitely still doping. And it's obviously condoned by the ****ing UCI.

Imo the IOC should shut cycling out of the 2012 and 2016 olympics.

these news only makes me think about the following:

1-) Andy Riis has to get smarter about doping logistics & who's behind it--as per Floyd Landis testimony.
2-) I cannot stop thinking how many of those products could have ended up in Cadel Evan's possession & "personal use"..?

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
translations

ZONNEBEKE - Sven S. from Zonnebeke, occasional caregiver for the BMC cycling team of Cadel Evans and Greg Van Avermaet, sitting in jail since Monday. The thirties, he confessed that a large dose of EPO Belgium tried to smuggle. "For my own use."
One day after ex-Lotto rider Wim Vansevenant the whole peloton interlacing with shook his order veterinary medicines from Australia, though there emerges a new doping story. And again the central figure is a Western Fleming who lurks at the edge of a top team from cycling. The court was earlier this week inside the home of Sven S. Zonnebeke. The thirties has long been active in the world of cycling. He drove himself to the elite riders without a contract. Moreover, he arranged to work as an opportunity provider in the large Swiss team BMC, in the Tour on stage aims of the Australian Cadel Evans. The reason for the search was the discovery of a package with nearly 200 doses of EPO, in October 2009 the Bierset airport. The drugs came from the Netherlands and had to be delivered to a woman in Zonnebeke, but the actual recipient appeared Sven S.

EPER - Sven S., caregiver an opportunity of BMC cycling team of Cadel Evans, is since Monday in Ypres in jail after customs seizing 195 doses of EPO that he ordered.
Our editors Exploring the palliative TB-500 with ex-cyclist Wim Vansevenant ( DS June 29 ) is not the only new doping scandal in cycling. Yesterday he added another in the cause of cycling caregiver Sven S. at. The affair went on rolling in October 2009. Then the customs at the airport Bierset (Liege) 195 suspected bottles seized that originated from the Netherlands. After analysis in a specialized lab appeared to doping product EPO to go. The EPO was for Sven S., in his thirties from Zonnebeke. It was not until last Monday before the court in action shot and a search in S. did. That same day known S. that he is the large amount of EPA in 2009 ordered for personal use because his career at the elite riders without contract would launch again. They say he sold no EPO to other riders. He was the investigating magistrate detained because who wants to know whether his statements make sense and whether S., given the large quantities found EPO, whether or not was dealing with professionals or amateurs. The Ypres doping magistrate Johan Lescrauwaet confirmed the arrest of S. to The Standard. Sven S. cycle itself among the elite riders without a contract, but also in professional cycling is a familiar figure. He travels occasionally with a carer with the professional team BMC of the Belgian manager John Lelangue and riders Cadel Evans and Greg Van Avermaet. He was earlier this month caretaker for BMC in a cycling race in Tuscany and in May for a one-day match in Berlin . They said yesterday at BMC S. "Hardly" knowing. Until further notice there are no indications that S. The BMC riders of doping provided. Meanwhile, the case Vansevenant ( DS June 29 ) so soon before the start of the Tour of turmoil in the peloton. The French police arrested yesterday a series of squad cars at on their way to the start of the Vendée. The public prosecutor of Ypres confirmed yesterday on his part that ex-Omega Pharma-Lotto rider Wim Vansevenant indeed confessed to doping had ordered for private use . According Vansevenant itself is the agent TB-500. Super Dangerous This is according to the court for veterinary medicinal products coming from Australia. According to experts, they increase muscle mass and endurance horses. How it works in humans has never been tested. Professor Peter Eenoo, head of the dopinglab in Ghent, calls the stuff "super dangerous" just because it has never been tested on humans and the side-effects is unknown. On Vansevenant itself made ​​it Yesterday all very impressed. He said yesterday that it was not the first time he ordered the product and that he even knew that the TB-500 in Australia that he had ordered a doping product. "I felt my body aging. The condition crumbled. Psychologically I could not, so I went looking for a supplement that would help me rebuild my body. " "I thought it was amino acids. I started searching the internet and I am on a site from Australia ended up. " He is angry and does not understand that the discovery will raise an eyebrow. That there is a link to the cycling is he completely incomprehensible. "I have three years course not. What I did has nothing to do with the price and it was certainly not intended to sell. " Vansevenant paid for five ampoules TB-500 according to our information, some 2,000 euros, but that amount would not confirm it. "I have not given the price. If you order a bottle of wine to the restaurant, it is often more expensive than expected? " Omega Pharma-Lotto is bored with the case. Wim Vansevenant was normal during the Tour one of the five VIP drivers of the team should be. "The cooperation is put immediately stopped. Our team can in no way be connected with such matters. This is not the scandal-Lotto, but the case Vansevenant, "said sports director Marc Sergeant yesterday.

BMC Soigneur staff

Freddy Viaene, Head Soigneur
Chris De Vos, Soigneur
Graeme McCallum, Soigneur
Jeremiah Ranegar, Soigneur
Trudi Rebsamen, Soigneur
Stefano Rubino, Soigneur
Filip Sercu, Soigneur
David Bombeke, Physical Therapist
Francesco Villa, Bus Driver
Peter Cambré, Chef Cuisine
Jacques Michaud, VIP Program
Scott Nydam, Performance Advisor
Charlie Livermore, Adams Reporting

So the dude works a little and comes and goes but not officially part of the team.

Sound a little like OPL much ?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have a good translated version of the story?

It's interesting news.

Publicus, why would you say don't tell ACF? It is certainly possible that cadel could be doping. I am not oblivious to that. Regardless of that he is still a nice guy and I support him .

The guy's name is Sven Schoutteten. They said he was apart of the team at the Giro della Toscana and he is listed as a Soigneur at that race. Oops, I see people already know.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Does anyone have a good translated version of the story?

It's interesting news.

Publicus, why would you say don't tell ACF? It is certainly possible that cadel could be doping. I am not oblivious to that. Regardless of that he is still a nice guy and I support him .

The guy's name is Sven Schoutteten. They said he was apart of the team at the Giro della Toscana and he is listed as a Soigneur at that race. Oops, I see people already know.

Did you see my post above yours it reads ok

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fomer-bmc-soigneur-implicated-in-drug-bust

Classic look at the photo Cyclingnew used -
bettiniphoto_0084142_1_full_220.jpg

Even the media ???? If you cal Cyclingnews media

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
What a load of bull **** from bmc.

BMC have however played down any apparent connection with Sven S. Although John Lelangue did not want to comment, Jim Ochowicz has said that he isn't even familiar with the man.

"A part-time soigneur for us? His name means nothing to me. I also don't know anything about an arrest. This is the first I've heard of it."

The guy is listed on THEIR website!

It is funny how scripted this is.

http://www.bmc-racing.com/de-en/team/news/team/bmc-racing-team-competes-at-giro-della-toscana-sunday.html

Staff:
Mechanic: Nick Mondelaers (BEL). Soigneurs: Raniero Gradi (ITA). Sven Schoutteten (BEL).

May 20, 2010
Visit site
just some guy said:
Can we get over the bullsh!t now - Of course Anglophones dope

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It cant be.

Now i feel disillusioned :(((

Armstrong, Bottle, Hamilton... all paragons of clean cycling...

May 6, 2009
Visit site
spalco said:
Criminals and drug users aren't generally known for their intelligence.

The ones that get caught that is. I would say for a long time Bernie Madoff was very good at what he was doing, and so was Lance for much of his career. Now if they had given Floyd some token contract on chump change then he wouldn't be in this mess that he is in.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Another excuse could be: It was only meant for microdosing you know, it does not enhance performance, so it is OK.:D

that's not an excuse, that's really true, but microdosing is illegas so no one could use that as an excuse.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Wergeland said:
WTF!!

Something has to be done. With soigneurs and ex-riders being caught with dope, riders are definitely still doping. And it's obviously condoned by the ****ing UCI.

Imo the IOC should shut cycling out of the 2012 and 2016 olympics.

And the give the guy the money to go and buy the stuff and when he is cought they dont want to know him never heard of him thats loyalty.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
lol you guys really don't understand how it works. ity means how desperate some riders are to still get doping. they are playign russian roulette with their careers because the teams won't dope them anymore and there are no more organisations left. good news this with an added bonus, the destruction of phonak/bmc and evans

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Thomas Frei speak up?

Thomas openly talked about what he did. He said he doped in 2009 at BMC and when he was at Astana. Call me naive but I honestly beleive that THomas wants to come back and do the right thing.