• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

BMC v Omega Pharma Lotto

Who will win their first race of the season first?

• They will both win zero races this season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
craig1985 said:
These two teams have zero wins this season, so who will be first to break the duck, and if so, who and where?

Vote away.

When did Euskaltel win a race? Did i miss that? I probably did so forgive me if i'm wrong. But if they did was it Sanchez?

On the BMC - OPL thing. I don't know. Maybe Gilbert might win in the Ardennes.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
When did Euskaltel win a race? Did i miss that? I probably did so forgive me if i'm wrong. But if they did was it Sanchez?

On the BMC - OPL thing. I don't know. Maybe Gilbert might win in the Ardennes.

Sanchez won a stage of Pais-Vasco (the one where Horner complained the spanish riders worked together). Not sure if that was their first though.

As for the original question... Iit seems more like a "who will win first... Evans or Gilbert" rather then which team will win. I haven't seen much that would lead me to think anyone else is in contention aside from a lucky breakaway.

I'll go with Evans and BMC right now.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I want honesty, who saw and clicked on the thread thinking it will be another thread where some douche is trying to compare the two teams? :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
Bmc Will get their first win tomorrow with Kroon winning Amstel...Gilbert will find a way to f*ck up..Lotto first win Lombardy maybe????

I don't see how the could **** it up, but in saying that, lotto will find a way!:D

auscyclefan94 said:
I don't see how the could **** it up, but in saying that, lotto will find a way!:D

You would think this is Gilberts race.but as i have quoted lotto will F*ck up in a spectacular way....Kroon will ride of into the sunset with no-one on his wheel....BMC=1st win
Kroon has been targeting this race for a longtime.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
You would think this is Gilberts race.but as i have quoted lotto will F*ck up in a spectacular way....Kroon will ride of into the sunset with no-one on his wheel....BMC=1st win
Kroon has been targeting this race for a longtime.

I am going to use your thinking, Evans or bmc to win every race!:D

I think he has a good chance but don't want to jinx him. Evans needs to do a ride like Andy Schleck did in Amstel last year for Kroon.

auscyclefan94 said:
I am going to use your thinking, Evans or bmc to win every race!:D

I think he has a good chance but don't want to jinx him. Evans needs to do a ride like Andy Schleck did in Amstel last year for Kroon.

Totally agree and Kroon will be backup support for Cadel at Leige??I love the Ardennes classics=Skill and Power...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
Totally agree and Kroon will be backup support for Cadel at Leige??I love the Ardennes classics=Skill and Power...

Yes, going to be harder for saxo to control this year in liege. The were able to work in large numbers to win. This year they don't have that luxury. Evans to ride solo on la redoute to victory? Supposedly on evans' twitter, he said their are caravans on the route already.

auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, going to be harder for saxo to control this year in liege. The were able to work in large numbers to win. This year they don't have that luxury. Evans to ride solo on la redoute to victory? Supposedly on evans' twitter, he said their are caravans on the route already.

Either way let the racing begin................

TRENDING THREADS