• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bob Jungels Discussion Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

jens_attacks said:
Jungels would need at least 5 minutes to worry these guys, maybe more

Yes, but they cant stay looking eachr other again with him...Jungels has climbed very well so far and he is showing much stronger I thought. If they sacrificed an italian rider in his country who climb quite well as Bambrilla, 13th in last Vuelta a España, it is becouse Jungels is now very strong. Of course this is the Giro and some stages are really hard, but at the end depends of your energy, people of a profile similar to Jungels at his age were podium here as De Gent.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Interesting article on how Jungels ended up at Etixx on Cyclingnews front page today. I have long thought that it was a terrific move for him, but I didn't know exactly how it came to be. From what the article said it really was his performance in the 3rd week of last year's Tour that earned him the interest from bigger teams. Trek are nice guys but they don't know what they're doing, and essentially the article confirms that they didn't really believe in Jungels anymore and had no plans for developing him. I believe that the few riders who have made it from their team have done so more despite Trek than thanks to them. Others like Nizzolo probably should have left a while ago and seem like they are wasting their talent there.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
If he wants to do well in the GC, he better not be he new Tom Dumoulin. As much as I like Dumoulin, last year in the Vuelta he lost many minutes when the real climbers finally put the hammer down in a multi-mountain stage. I imagine the hammer will be put down a couple of times on multi-mountain stages this Giro......

Anyway, today is a first test for him. Four serious climbs, all of them tough and steep. Still not the high mountains, but if there are some favourites willing to go today, it will be very tough.

TRENDING THREADS