• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bob Jungels Discussion Thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, I knew that he was lighter but he should be skinnier than ever, based on this picture.

Let's go Super Bob, give us another great ride, hope he isn't afraid to attack (as he always isn't).

18301026_1906374066295610_8181344131212886569_n.jpg

A shame Richeze didn't let him go with 1km to go. Would have forced Nizzolo in a really bad position, so I think he would have hesitated and given Jungels a real shot for the win. With no teamates, all the non-QS riders would likely look at each other for half a second or more.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
A shame Richeze didn't let him go with 1km to go. Would have forced Nizzolo in a really bad position, so I think he would have hesitated and given Jungels a real shot for the win. With no teamates, all the non-QS riders would likely look at each other for half a second or more.

Yea I was pissed when the quicksteap guy closed down Jungels. He deserved that.

Re:

Netserk said:

thought the same but in a full headwind, all alone...the peloton would have been much closer.
he's a good guy anyway.

Re:

Netserk said:

Actually Haas who was the only rider who could hold Jungel's wheel, made a tactical error by not attacking at the moment - Haas attacks and he and Jungel's drop the rest.

He said something very interesting in the interview, when you have your typical mono climb MTF he tend to struggle a lot when it goes from relatively slow to extremely fast while when the racing is on all day, he is better relative to his opponents. I guess you can say he kinda is a diesel motor.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
2 and a half minutes on Yates isn't going to be anywhere near enough with the climbs to come in the next few days
While Yates is a better climber, Jungels showed how good he was in the 3rd week last year. Its not a lock by any means. Obviously hoping Jungels wins.
You can not compare last year's 3rd week with this year's 3rd week, especially when discussing Jungels. This is going to be so much harder for him, I'm afraid he doesn't stand a chance. But rooting for him as well.

starlord said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
2 and a half minutes on Yates isn't going to be anywhere near enough with the climbs to come in the next few days
While Yates is a better climber, Jungels showed how good he was in the 3rd week last year. Its not a lock by any means. Obviously hoping Jungels wins.
You can not compare last year's 3rd week with this year's 3rd week, especially when discussing Jungels. This is going to be so much harder for him, I'm afraid he doesn't stand a chance. But rooting for him as well.
Yes you can. This year's 3rd week is not noticeably harder than last year - if at all if you are taking last year's stage 13 and 14 into consideration. If you do that, I'd say the last 9 days were harder last year. And he went very well.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
starlord said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
Yes you can. This year's 3rd week is not noticeably harder than last year - if at all if you are taking last year's stage 13 and 14 into consideration. If you do that, I'd say the last 9 days were harder last year. And he went very well.
The field is way better than last year. He will loose more than 10 minutes tomorrow

portugal11 said:
Valv.Piti said:
starlord said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
The field is way better than last year. He will loose more than 10 minutes tomorrow

10 minutes? I have much doubts that that will happen. 5/6 minutes in a bad day, 3/4 minutes on a normal day, 1/2 minutes on a good day. Even if he loses contact early, Jungels is not the type of guy to crack completely, he knows his limits and have a stronge engine, he knows how to maintain his pace and I bet that he will pass much riders who try to follow the bunch and lose contact after him.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
The field is better, but 10 minutes? Bobby isn't the kind of rider who just cracks..

Anyways, point being that British fans such as Premier Andrew shouldn't feel so confident as it will be a walk in the park to get this jersey.
Movistar will put a insane pace on mortirolo (i hope so) and he will crack there. He has to time trialing more than 100 km

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
The field is better, but 10 minutes? Bobby isn't the kind of rider who just cracks..

Anyways, point being that British fans such as Premier Andrew shouldn't feel so confident as it will be a walk in the park to get this jersey.
Honestly unless jungles suddenly steps up, or yates really underperform in the final week which seems unlikely Yates should have no problem taking white, especially considering we can expect lost of agressive riding in the final week for the overall win. Time gaps should be massive I could see jungles losing white as soon as tommorow.

Valv.Piti said:
starlord said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:

He lost 10 minutes on the GC contenders - I'm more interested to see how much he's climbing improves in 2017.

TRENDING THREADS