• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bollocky Stupid Time-Out

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Can something be done about the length of time it takes the forum to log you out? I've just spent an age writing a thread. Went to submit and the system had logged me out, mis-entering my password meant I have lost the post.

There are posts already complaining about the posts/thread all being the same, so I actually put some thought into a thread and it's all been lost. Haven't got time to re-write it and if I could I doubt I'd be able to remember it all, or write it as well

This is the sort of thing that will drive peope away from forums over time, I've stopped using forums in the past because of similar problems. Because you don't want to have to remember to copy every single time you go post just in case you're going to get logged out.

A

Anonymous

im having enough problems each day logging in.. takes 3 or 4 attempts for some reason...

A

Anonymous

until i do a cclean of my system every couple of days.. then the problems start.. :D ive sussed it now.. one logon box works for me.. the other doesnt... :D

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Why do you guys have to log in every day? Hit the "remember me" box and a cookie stored on your computer will keep you logged in as long as you visit occasionally.
Don't always use the same computer.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
I've timed out on other Forum sites as well. You can always use notepad or some other program to "compose", then it's easy enough to paste as a reply if you end up having to log in again

TRENDING THREADS