• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Boonen A Crack Pot Theory

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
There was some talk about Boonen's coke positive being due to third party contact and that the levels found in tests and hair samples were very low. Disclaimer, my knowledge of the subject is what I've seen on the telly but coke users apparently after sniffing will mop up any residue with a finger and put it in their mouth.

Sooo....what if Tom in some dark Belgian night club has been snogged by some coked up partyer. Would enough white powder be transferred to fail a test?

A

Anonymous

169lrt0.png

its not yet, but it will be within two posts.. :D

Mr.DNA said:
Tom Boogersugar stuck at 5 sprint points and holding.

Boonen is sick. I also would not doubt that when he was suspended by his team, he did not do a lot of training. He seems to have problems when not racing. He probably hit the bottle, which will probably do more damage to him eventually than snorting cocaine on occasion.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Boonen actually kind of looks like he doesn't even really want to be at Tour. He might have been happier to give it a miss given he didn't really expect to be lining up until 24 hours before the start, but there's no way he would have been allowed to do that.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Boonen

These are some of the craziest posts I have ever read and that is saying a lot for the intertrons. Why would anybody post he is "on the bottle" or know a thing about what his life is like? He has had some bad luck (2 flats yesterday). most guys would never have got back from that. Put away the schrooms before you post and try to watch this with a little perspective. He does not have great team this year but will win a stage before this is through. Step away from the bong!

danwarr said:
These are some of the craziest posts I have ever read and that is saying a lot for the intertrons. Why would anybody post he is "on the bottle" or know a thing about what his life is like? He has had some bad luck (2 flats yesterday).

Someone who claims that he does not know how cocaine got into his system because he blacked out while drinking = on the bottle

:)

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Just an excuse like they all make. Landis didn't know how he tested positive, etc. Nobody ever denies drug use do they? It has nothing with his bike racing, except probably not the best way to spend his "off" time. I just don't think his performance as been that bad, just the usual unpredictability of a bike race. Again, he doesn't have the Columbia train to get him there, his team is really weak.

danwarr said:
These are some of the craziest posts I have ever read and that is saying a lot for the intertrons. Why would anybody post he is "on the bottle" or know a thing about what his life is like? He has had some bad luck (2 flats yesterday). most guys would never have got back from that. Put away the schrooms before you post and try to watch this with a little perspective. He does not have great team this year but will win a stage before this is through. Step away from the bong!

Boonen himself when trying to explain how he could have possibly tested positive for cocain a second time out of competition, blamed it on his drinking, said that he drinks too much when he can't handle being a monk for the rest of the year. And on such occasions, he said, he's more vulnerable to snorting the white powder.

Get informed man and stop bothering people with such uninformed postings.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Supposedly he is suffering from some real bad diarrhea. Might give us a new meaning to explosive power if he can keep his bike upright long enough to get to the line. :eek:

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
.Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish2009
Boonen is sick......with withdrawls

There is no physical withdrawal from cocaine............but there are some mental withdrawls............

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Boonen himself when trying to explain how he could have possibly tested positive for cocain a second time out of competition, blamed it on his drinking, said that he drinks too much when he can't handle being a monk for the rest of the year. And on such occasions, he said, he's more vulnerable to snorting the white powder.

Get informed man and stop bothering people with such uninformed postings.

Excuse me rhubroma, you are just another loser at a keyboard with your "informed" knowledge of somebody you don't know from squat. Your "informed" opinion about Boonen sounds just like some sports talk radio caller, just a fat **s armchair bloviator. I won't bother to interrupt your little kingdom again, mr. "senior member"!

danwarr said:
Excuse me rhubroma, you are just another loser at a keyboard with your "informed" knowledge of somebody you don't know from squat. Your "informed" opinion about Boonen sounds just like some sports talk radio caller, just a fat **s armchair bloviator. I won't bother to interrupt your little kingdom again, mr. "senior member"!

Well I'm such a loser about keeping myself informed. Take notes.

TRENDING THREADS