• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Breaking news-news flash????

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

i am a great fan of your site, i read it every day and thonk it is the best cycling-site on the web.

but today i asked myself why Menchov's win in the Giro is not worth a News Flash?
when i think about it, at least 95% of your news-flash articles are doping related!!!
is doping really the most interesting thing in cycling?

just a thought that popped into my head this afternoon.

keep the good work up!!!!!!

PS: with the new site layout this may change...

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Hello Weesel,

Thanks for your comments. It's a quirk of the current website - there's no need to post it as news because it is posted as results in the left hand column.

This will be different in the new website, as we will actually be able to title things in the left hand column so they appear newsy, instead of just 'Full results, report & photos'. There will also be a rotator at the top of the website which will carry the latest news, features and results, so it will be highlighted better this way.

Also, in the new system, news will be posted as individual stories and compiled into editions. This means we're no longer limited to posting news at certain times of day, so it will go live as it happens and therefore the good old 'Cyclingnews flash' will be no more.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

May 9, 2009
Visit site
BTW, thanks Weesel for the spoiler. One doesn't expect a post in "about the website" to actually state who won a race on the same day when many of us hadn't seen our recordings of it yet. Grr...

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
stephens said:
BTW, thanks Weesel for the spoiler. One doesn't expect a post in "about the website" to actually state who won a race on the same day when many of us hadn't seen our recordings of it yet. Grr...

To be fair, it's all over the homepage as well :)

Cheers
Greg Johnson

A

Anonymous

ah but what if you have a bookmark direct to the forum... (as i do.. i come to the forum for the news.. then go to cycling news to see what ACTUALLY happened.. ;))

although admittedly, coming to the forum, post giro, having not yet seen the result is kinda tempting fate.. :D

A

Anonymous

we where out on the bikes all day so didnt see the race.. deliberately waited until sky+ had done its thing before came on here..

but then im known for my caution.. :D

TRENDING THREADS