British politics

Page 75 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oh I dont know. Seen the correlation between Leave votership and low educational attainment? These arent the nation's high -achievers and high earners.

They won...

...in a turkeys winning the vote for Christmas kind of way.
 
Re:

aphronesis said:
Mmm. Winning. Maybe people should stop thinking politics in terms of winning. A big ask, I know.
You are correct, our votes should be about winning or losing :eek: ....the remain voters clearly don’t accept winning or losing acting like spoilt little children who don’t get their own way
 
Re:

macbindle said:
Oh I dont know. Seen the correlation between Leave votership and low educational attainment? These arent the nation's high -achievers and high earners.

They won...

...in a turkeys winning the vote for Christmas kind of way.
Please show us the facts then...and not some stupid guardian newspaper poll
 
Re: Re:

rick james said:
aphronesis said:
Mmm. Winning. Maybe people should stop thinking politics in terms of winning. A big ask, I know.
You are correct, our votes should be about winning or losing :eek: ....the remain voters clearly don’t accept winning or losing acting like spoilt little children who don’t get their own way
I’m not clear on what you’re saying. But yes, the vote happened. What else do you have?
 
Re: Re:

rick james said:
macbindle said:
Oh I dont know. Seen the correlation between Leave votership and low educational attainment? These arent the nation's high -achievers and high earners.

They won...

...in a turkeys winning the vote for Christmas kind of way.
Please show us the facts then...and not some stupid guardian newspaper poll
Posted the data way back. I'm not reposting it, go and look for it.
 
A careerist whose hypocrisy knows few bounds, it can be easy to forget today’s Brexiteer hero once said that the only benefit of leaving the European Union would be that it would make us “recognise that most of our problems are not caused by Brussels, but by chronic British short-termism, inadequate management, sloth, low skills, a culture of easy gratification, and under-investment in both human and physical capital and infrastructure.”

Boris Johnson epitomizes everything the Tory party stands for. A racist who called black people “picaninnies” with “watermelon smiles” and said Barack Obama had an “ancestral dislike” of Britain because of his Kenyan heritage, he also argued that the problem with colonized countries was “not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more.”

This act continued for many years — describing the people of Papua New Guinea as “cannibals,” saying women only went to college “to find men to marry,” and describing gay men as “tank-topped bum boys.” A fitting record for a man who promised at his campaign launch to “bring the country together.”




https://jacobinmag.com/2019/07/boris-johnson-prime-minister-working-class

https://www.versobooks.com/blogs/4391-the-meaning-of-boris-johnson
 
Reactions: mariposa
Jun 3, 2019
161
5
335
Re:

macbindle said:
Oh I dont know. Seen the correlation between Leave votership and low educational attainment? These arent the nation's high -achievers and high earners.

They won...

...in a turkeys winning the vote for Christmas kind of way.
So the solution is not to allow the low educational attainment population a vote? Why does the milkshake tossers continue to look down upon the common population?
One of the obvious reason Brexit was successful is because the milkshake group continue to think those low educational, low achievers and low earners do not count.
 
Jun 3, 2019
161
5
335
Re:

aphronesis said:
https://theintercept.com/2019/07/23/boris-johnson-donald-trump-unfit/
Boris is never really going to be like Trump or really like trump. Boris is more of a partisan politician and Trump is a developer.
 
What stuns me about boris is that people actually can't see through his lies and bluster and outrageous careerism. Everything he's said recently you can find him saying the opposite maybe four or five years ago. And then, his supporters have the gall to claim he is 'straight talking'
 
Perhaps even more worrying than the fact the Careerist Lying Watermelon Smiling Letterbox ex mayor of london is that Johnson is perhaps the best of his cabinet! All the great offices of state are filled with a mixture between authoritarian conservatives and ultra Thatcherite (most embodying both). Raab and The Saj, along with Liz 'drones are afraid of dogs' Truss, are the leaders of the group of low tax, low regs group which makes Reagan look like a Blairite, while Patel is most famous for breaking ministerial code (twice) and supporting the death penalty - as a deterrent, as Ian Hislop learnt upon questioning, for being innocent if needs be. An awful mix at the top for the post-brexit world if you aren't earning enough to profit from becoming the most populous tax haven in the world, a 'classical liberal' (as they like to call themselves) utopia with inequality and poverty that would make South Africans blush. The rest of the cabinet is more of an ideological mix, although dominated by two broad groups in my eyes: old Johnson allies (Shapps, Barclay, Wallace) and impressive hypocrites (Hancock, Rudd, Williamson). The latter was a surprise promotion for me, considering he leaked national secrets last time out, although there is a precedent for this in the past decade: see Fox, Patel.

But of course! I am just lacking some optimism and confidence in the glorious Conservative Party, the government, Great Britain and myself! Without it, we won't unlock our potential! In just a few months perhaps, the euro will be worth more than the pound - think of all the exports we could be selling to them then!
 
Jun 3, 2019
161
5
335
Re:

Brullnux said:
What stuns me about boris is that people actually can't see through his lies and bluster and outrageous careerism. Everything he's said recently you can find him saying the opposite maybe four or five years ago. And then, his supporters have the gall to claim he is 'straight talking'
Boris is exactly like all politicians when it comes to lies , bluster , and outrageous careerism.

Just happens to be on the other side of the political spectrum than most on this thread. That does not make it anything different than if it was a liberal.
 
Re: Re:

nevele neves said:
Brullnux said:
What stuns me about boris is that people actually can't see through his lies and bluster and outrageous careerism. Everything he's said recently you can find him saying the opposite maybe four or five years ago. And then, his supporters have the gall to claim he is 'straight talking'
Boris is exactly like all politicians when it comes to lies , bluster , and outrageous careerism.

Just happens to be on the other side of the political spectrum than most on this thread. That does not make it anything different than if it was a liberal.
Nope, it's not even close. No other conservative changes his mind even nearly as much as him - at the end of the day he is an ideological remainer fighting tooth and nail for a no deal brexit - are you not disgusted by that shameless duplicity? He is quite simply in a league of his own.

Anyway, this isn't the US, liberal in this thread doesn't mean that. Johnson is a liberal by the british (and I'd argue academically correct) definition, not Corbyn or much of the labour party.
 
Reactions: mariposa
Jun 3, 2019
161
5
335
Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
nevele neves said:
Brullnux said:
What stuns me about boris is that people actually can't see through his lies and bluster and outrageous careerism. Everything he's said recently you can find him saying the opposite maybe four or five years ago. And then, his supporters have the gall to claim he is 'straight talking'
Boris is exactly like all politicians when it comes to lies , bluster , and outrageous careerism.

Just happens to be on the other side of the political spectrum than most on this thread. That does not make it anything different than if it was a liberal.
Nope, it's not even close. No other conservative changes his mind even nearly as much as him - at the end of the day he is an ideological remainer fighting tooth and nail for a no deal brexit - are you not disgusted by that shameless duplicity? He is quite simply in a league of his own.

Anyway, this isn't the US, liberal in this thread doesn't mean that. Johnson is a liberal by the british (and I'd argue academically correct) definition, not Corbyn or much of the labour party.
I stated liberal not in the sense you take it, I mean Left Wing. I'm not disgusted with Boris at all.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts