• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

British politics

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
rick james said:
We already voted on the question asked, there will never be another brexit vote

So you would be happy to leave but sign up to everything the EU decides in the future?

Sign up for everything the EU decides in the future????our future won’t be controlled by the EU, we will have trade deals like every other country outside the EU has with that failing union

Re:

macbindle said:
That's the thing with democracy....you getvto vote again and again. Brexiters are *** scared that they will lose the next vote. That is why they don't want a democratic vote.
If we do have another vote the brexit mps will stand up and say we leave with no deal and we keep the £28 billion the eu was wanting with Mays current deal, when the voters hear we will be better off by £28 billion I know how they will soon vote

macbindle said:
rick james said:
Honda didn’t leave because of brexit

Do you seriously think any major investor would admit to leaving because of Brexit? You haven't even thought about it have you.
And you believe that brexit has been the fault of all wrong in the country, brexit is good, it’s shows democracy works, it’s people who want democracy to fail that’s all wrong with this country

rick james said:
macbindle said:
rick james said:
Honda didn’t leave because of brexit

Do you seriously think any major investor would admit to leaving because of Brexit? You haven't even thought about it have you.
And you believe that brexit has been the fault of all wrong in the country, brexit is good, it’s shows democracy works, it’s people who want democracy to fail that’s all wrong with this country

Nope. It has exposed the flaws in a democratic system with a poorly educated and politically illiterate populace who are vulnerable to the ventality of press barons and their political lackeys .

rick james said:
King Boonen said:
rick james said:
We already voted on the question asked, there will never be another brexit vote

So you would be happy to leave but sign up to everything the EU decides in the future?

Sign up for everything the EU decides in the future????our future won’t be controlled by the EU, we will have trade deals like every other country outside the EU has with that failing union

So you wouldn't be happy with that? That's still leaving the EU though and satisfies the Referendum. That's why a second vote is relevant.

So, if I'm getting this straight, there are the following options:

Approve the current deal and get an extension into May so the required legislation can be passed.
Refuse deal and get an extension into April to come up with a longer term plan that involves some sort of big change (General Election, 2nd Vote etc.)
Refuse deal, extend into April, don't come up with a plan, leave with No Deal.
Revoke Article 50 and remain.

Essentially what we knew was on offer but officially confirmed by the EU and the can is kicked further up the road?

I think it is about the EU stopping the can being kicked up the road and also making clear that responsibility for no deal will lie on the shoulders of the British. I think it is also the EU signalling that they are finished with Theresa May.

Given May's extraordinary address to the nation on Wednesday evening, I think we are in for a major upheaval. She has alienated just about everybody.

I wouldn't mind Brexit...

IF the stupid thick ar5eholes who voted for it were made financially liable for the rest of us who are going to suffer the consequences of this festival of idiocy for decades, ESPECIALLY when it comes to no deal. You see them on the telly on voxpops or QT shouting 'No deal!' without a fuking thought in their bonestupid gammonheads...

....and they think we are just going to stand by and let them do it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS