Teams & Riders Brothers in (crank) arms - Yates Discussion Thread

Page 53 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Leinster said:
sprints n stones said:
Re new blood, is there in anyone from Aqua blue that would fit?
Looking for a rouleur and a mountain dom, Dunne and Denifl would fill each role. Nobody’s going to be able to swap bikes with Dunne, is the only thing.
Yep, that could be a problem.Think Conor's said to be tallest cyclist in the world, 2.04 m or 6ft8ins!!
 
Re:

yaco said:
S.Yates must be one of the few riders in recent times to win a GT as there first ever stage victory.
I think your sentence is a bit incomplete (do you mean stage race?), but if I understand it correctly, I can tell you that both Dumoulin and Aru had not won a stage race before their GT wins either. So it's actually more common than you would think. I think Hesjedal and Sastre did it too but PCS is not always reliable on retired riders' career victories.
 
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
yaco said:
S.Yates must be one of the few riders in recent times to win a GT as there first ever stage victory.
Andy Schleck too, although some people will tell you he never won a stage race at all.

I think your sentence is a bit incomplete (do you mean stage race?), but if I understand it correctly, I can tell you that both Dumoulin and Aru had not won a stage race before their GT wins either. So it's actually more common than you would think. I think Hesjedal and Sastre did it too but PCS is not always reliable on retired riders' career victories.
 
Re: Re:

King Of The Wolds said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:
S.Yates must be one of the few riders in recent times to win a GT as there first ever stage victory.
I think your sentence is a bit incomplete (do you mean stage race?), but if I understand it correctly, I can tell you that both Dumoulin and Aru had not won a stage race before their GT wins either. So it's actually more common than you would think. I think Hesjedal and Sastre did it too but PCS is not always reliable on retired riders' career victories.
Andy Schleck too, although some people will tell you he never won a stage race at all.
I certainly never saw him win a stage race, and I've watched all GTs since 2007.
 
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
King Of The Wolds said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:
S.Yates must be one of the few riders in recent times to win a GT as there first ever stage victory.
I think your sentence is a bit incomplete (do you mean stage race?), but if I understand it correctly, I can tell you that both Dumoulin and Aru had not won a stage race before their GT wins either. So it's actually more common than you would think. I think Hesjedal and Sastre did it too but PCS is not always reliable on retired riders' career victories.
Andy Schleck too, although some people will tell you he never won a stage race at all.
I certainly never saw him win a stage race, and I've watched all GTs since 2007.
So Bjarne, Floyd and Lance did win stage races ? The Chicken looked like he was going to win one.........
 
Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
tobydawq said:
King Of The Wolds said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:
S.Yates must be one of the few riders in recent times to win a GT as there first ever stage victory.
I think your sentence is a bit incomplete (do you mean stage race?), but if I understand it correctly, I can tell you that both Dumoulin and Aru had not won a stage race before their GT wins either. So it's actually more common than you would think. I think Hesjedal and Sastre did it too but PCS is not always reliable on retired riders' career victories.
Andy Schleck too, although some people will tell you he never won a stage race at all.
I certainly never saw him win a stage race, and I've watched all GTs since 2007.
So Bjarne, Floyd and Lance did win stage races ? The Chicken looked like he was going to win one.........
Yes.

Or do you think Ullrich won five Tours?
 
Re: Re:

Leinster said:
sprints n stones said:
Re new blood, is there in anyone from Aqua blue that would fit?
Looking for a rouleur and a mountain dom, Dunne and Denifl would fill each role. Nobody’s going to be able to swap bikes with Dunne, is the only thing.
He’d be useful in a crosswind and TTTs, also not afraid to attack and can climb ok for such a huge guy.
 
Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
Leinster said:
sprints n stones said:
Re new blood, is there in anyone from Aqua blue that would fit?
Looking for a rouleur and a mountain dom, Dunne and Denifl would fill each role. Nobody’s going to be able to swap bikes with Dunne, is the only thing.
He’d be useful in a crosswind and TTTs, also not afraid to attack and can climb ok for such a huge guy.
I wonder how many watts it saves to sit on his wheel instead of someone elses
 
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
42x16ss said:
Leinster said:
sprints n stones said:
Re new blood, is there in anyone from Aqua blue that would fit?
Looking for a rouleur and a mountain dom, Dunne and Denifl would fill each role. Nobody’s going to be able to swap bikes with Dunne, is the only thing.
He’d be useful in a crosswind and TTTs, also not afraid to attack and can climb ok for such a huge guy.
I wonder how many watts it saves to sit on his wheel instead of someone elses
Pretty sure it matters quite a lot, especially if its windy and flat. I certainly can feel it. The disadvantage is that you cant see what the *** is going on up ahead.
 
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
42x16ss said:
Leinster said:
sprints n stones said:
Re new blood, is there in anyone from Aqua blue that would fit?
Looking for a rouleur and a mountain dom, Dunne and Denifl would fill each role. Nobody’s going to be able to swap bikes with Dunne, is the only thing.
He’d be useful in a crosswind and TTTs, also not afraid to attack and can climb ok for such a huge guy.
I wonder how many watts it saves to sit on his wheel instead of someone elses
40.
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
42x16ss said:
Leinster said:
sprints n stones said:
Re new blood, is there in anyone from Aqua blue that would fit?
Looking for a rouleur and a mountain dom, Dunne and Denifl would fill each role. Nobody’s going to be able to swap bikes with Dunne, is the only thing.
He’d be useful in a crosswind and TTTs, also not afraid to attack and can climb ok for such a huge guy.
I wonder how many watts it saves to sit on his wheel instead of someone elses
Pretty sure it matters quite a lot, especially if its windy and flat. I certainly can feel it. The disadvantage is that you cant see what the **** is going on up ahead.
It’s one of the reasons he makes so many breaks of the day. Everyone wants him in it and the other guys try to get in the place in the line immediately after him.
 
Aug 20, 2017
1,397
0
0
Darek Baranowski (Banesto) talked with Matthew White yesterday. And he admitted Simon would target Giro'2019 to finally win it.
 
Re:

yaco said:
Warehouse them for the rest of the season as they already have close to 80 race days - Kreuziger and Nieve showed good form in the World's and will be viable options for the Italian fall races.
Yeah Kreuziger surprised me a little bit again with finally being super solid in the hardest one day races again out of nowhere.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Simon not recoverd from the Vuelta I think.
It's probably also a mental thing, winning a gt after cracking hard durning the first gt of the year probably made him feel really proud, he achieved his goal.
Yes, he probably didn't recover 100% from that effort, but when a rider wins a gt for the first time he's probably not that focussed on the races that come right after it and wants to celebrate a bit and enjoy his victory.
 
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
yaco said:
Warehouse them for the rest of the season as they already have close to 80 race days - Kreuziger and Nieve showed good form in the World's and will be viable options for the Italian fall races.
Yeah Kreuziger surprised me a little bit again with finally being super solid in the hardest one day races again out of nowhere.
Kreuziger specifically prepared for the world's with the blessing of MS - Got information that his training numbers were good and combined with good form at Quebec/Montreal thought he would go deep in the final - No hell climb and who knows what could have happened - Anyway he will be the leader for the Italian Fall races.
 
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Red Rick said:
yaco said:
Warehouse them for the rest of the season as they already have close to 80 race days - Kreuziger and Nieve showed good form in the World's and will be viable options for the Italian fall races.
Yeah Kreuziger surprised me a little bit again with finally being super solid in the hardest one day races again out of nowhere.
Kreuziger specifically prepared for the world's with the blessing of MS - Got information that his training numbers were good and combined with good form at Quebec/Montreal thought he would go deep in the final - No hell climb and who knows what could have happened - Anyway he will be the leader for the Italian Fall races.
The Yates bros and Haig have earned the rest, that's for sure.

Kreuziger, Nieve and Verona should be the go to guys for the remainder of the season.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS