• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bruise on inside of Andy Schlecks arm???

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone happen to notice the bruise on the inside of Andy's left arm at the start line of todys TT.
My wife noticed it and it is sitting in exactly the spot you have an IV injection.
Why would he have that there? It is very noticable.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
There's also a mile long list of legal stuff you can inject, like iron or vitamins or electrolytes. Hell, we do it to horses all the time, it's known to work, it's also as natural as food

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
nia O'Malley said:
There's also a mile long list of legal stuff you can inject, like iron or vitamins or electrolytes. Hell, we do it to horses all the time, it's known to work, it's also as natural as food

Injecting ANYTHING is illegal..

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
anybody have a picture?

Im sure its nothing. It would not be the most usual place for an injection.

Maybe a tattoo that looks like a bruise.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
timmarshall said:
Injecting possibly, I dont know, but placing IVs of fluids to rehydrate etc is surely legal and, obviously, requires a needle

No IVs, nothing.

This is why the Astana IVs etc. from last year were such a big deal

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
nia O'Malley said:

It is stupid to inject things like this unless you are severely sick and need them, in a clinical sense. If anyone ever tells you to do it (or that it will help, or that the smart pro's do it, or anything like that...) RUN A MILE.

Eat good food. Your body is meant to absorb stuff that way and it will.

I once had a sports doctor who worked in an anti-doping lab sometimes tell me... don't do drugs, but if you do, here is what works: Test/Roid, Cort, EPO. Don't ever inject vitamins or iron. The Italian teams do that because they think everything works better if you inject it. They are idiots.

So I never did drugs, and my doc was not advocating it, but the point is, don't take the risk... someone is telling you to inject something you would normally get in food, that is a sure sign you don't want to trust them on anything. Not on training. Not on health. Not on medicine. Run.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
nia O'Malley said:
Hell, we do it to horses all the time, it's known to work

Sure, shooting horses works to, I've seen that happen at the track, too. :p

But you're right about needle marks - used in conjunction with approved substances, all's fair. It's the public's perception of what the cyclist put into his arm, that's problematic.

Every seen a dope fiend try to explain a fresh needle mark to the police?
The police rarely buy the story.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
if it's AS or AC or even vino it's nothing, maybe a mosquito ?

if it's LA or anyone in RS THAN IT"S EVIDENCE THEY ARE DOOOOPIIIIINNNNGG,, forward to lemond and let's open a thread to discuss it RIGHT NOW

TRENDING THREADS