• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bruyneel as a manager - Savoldelli's testimony

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
richwagmn said:
Johan Bruyneel quote from Versus interview on Mt Ventoux stage.

"You can't race for second and third if you have first. At a certain moment you have to make decisions to sacrifice your strongest guys to only keep one guy on the podium"

I guess that rule only applies to LA.

At what point on the Ventoux climb did that issue come up--where it was necessary to sacrifice someone else to keep Contador in his top spot?

No couldas, maybes, or what ifs....when did that moment occur?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
There are PDFs of an English translation of the book. I'll PM you. From Lance to Landis has much of the same info plus more; it is a better book and available in English.

if you have PDFs could you post a link here as I would love to read that too. Only know a few words in French so can't read the original text

May 6, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
L.A. Confidential covers how riders like Vasseur, Andreu, and Vaughters were cheated out of their cut of the pize money. As with Savoldelli, the pattern seemed to be that if someone was leaving the team then LA and Bruyneel figured they would be of no further use to them so there was no reason to pay them. Vaughters was cheated out of $6000. Andreu out of $20K.

Did Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis get screwed over?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Did Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis get screwed over?

Tyler was one of the few (maybe Tyler and Davis) that left the US Postal/Discovery team without bad blood between themselves and Armstrong. I am not sure if Floyd was ever screwed financially, but reportedly his blood was poured down a toilet before a big mountain stage in the TdF when it became known that he was leaving to lead Phonak the following year.

ThisFrenchGuy said:
I stand corrected if that is the case.
But obviously LA return changed all for JB. He obviously "gave up" on Contador and changed his plans.

I agree to the extent that LA's return changed his approach to Contador. I don't think he gave up on him, but during the team's pre-season training camp he was reported holding up "8 fingers" to signify Armstrong's 8th Tour win was upcoming. His actions or lack there of over the course of the season were a definite indication to Contador to assimilate or begone.

A

Anonymous

I think it is fitting and hilarious that The Hog was in Spain after the Tour and had to read the Spanish Press' take on he and The Uniballer. I am also glad to see that some in the US press have recognized their Whitney Houston like behavior and responded accordingly.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
...reportedly his blood was poured down a toilet before a big mountain stage in the TdF when it became known that he was leaving to lead Phonak the following year.

And vampires everywhere cried.

Think about this, JB and LA have created a system that has made both of them extremely wealthy. Very, very much so. It's sort of like Wall Street investors, while you have plenty, why not grab even more?

elapid said:
Tyler was one of the few (maybe Tyler and Davis) that left the US Postal/Discovery team without bad blood between themselves and Armstrong.
Not sure who posted it, but hasn't there been talk that LA slept with Haven in about 2004 or 2005, after TH left Postal?

issoisso said:
I've had way beyond enough vampires crying with that crap Twillight being everywhere, thank you very much.
+1 zillion! Completely off-topic, but I can only say amen brother!

TRENDING THREADS